View Poll Results: What gender is (are) your child(ren)?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boy(s)

15 40.54%
  • Girl(s)

6 16.22%
  • Both (even)

10 27.03%
  • More boys

3 8.11%
  • More girls

3 8.11%
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parenting Thread

The ball-and-chain and I looked after my best mate's 4 y.o cousin today... Parents and guardians who do the job right are absolute saints. Still recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer888 View Post
    The ball-and-chain and I looked after my best mate's 4 y.o cousin today... Parents and guardians who do the job right are absolute saints. Still recovering.

Better check for grey hairs!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Here's a question as a parenting noob... why the hell are babies NOCTURNAL?!

Here's Yuki sleeping like a log during the day. A bomb could go off and she won't wake up. My wife and I literally spent half an hour once trying to wake her up so she could feed her. It was exhausting.

After sundown - she's awake! And crying! And pooping! JOY!!

Baby nocturnalism =

The joys of being in a hospital in Western Sydney -- teen parents. In the bed across from ours was a teen mother. She was nice enough. Her partner on the other hand... first of all, he looked like the pimple-faced teen from the Simpsons - like literally. The girl's mother - if she ain't a junkie then I'll eat my hat. He was there with some friends and every sentence they spoke (in a room full of mothers and babies) had swear words. But anyway, I just kept my mouth shut and tried not to stare at them - who am I to openly judge these people who I don't even know, right? Yet these people saw fit to judge _me_ for doing this..

While I was reading books to my daughter they made snide remarks loud enough that everyone in the ward could hear them. One of them even went "SSHHH!" really loudly, then they all laughed like it was a big joke. (-_-) I didn't want to make a scene in the maternity ward, so I just ignored them.

Bogan teen parents mocking me for reading to my bub = (chk chk boom)

Thankfully they were discharged this morning. To avoid any more potential issues, I went to another room to read to my bub. And while I was there, a midwife was giving some first time pregnant women a tour of the post natal ward, and when she saw me reading she came up and praised me and pointed out to the mothers-to-be that this was good parenting practice. That made me feel all warm, fuzzy and good - cheered me right up.

Warm happy feelings =

Other fun things I did for the first time today:
    + Helped to bathe bub
    + Helped to change nappy

Good on you Gok, the whole reading thing is a great practice to get into, and hopefully becomes a way to calm the bub down.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Good to hear your enjoying it Gok.

Babys are nocturnal because they know we are not... simple

Our baby had what is called silent reflux. Which is reflux without the vommiting. It is considered twice as bad as the baby suffers an acid burn up AND down there throat. It is also hard to detect as there is no physical evidence (ie: baby vomit). So young Marcus screamed for about 3months straight giving my wife and myself approx 1-2hrs sleep a night. while trying to work what was wrong I had to sleep on the lounge as I did alot of driving with my previous job and I needed the rest. The doctors only decided something was wrong when my wifes milk supply dried up and he still wouldn't take bottles. THey actually admitted to us that they originally put it down to us being first time parents and not being able to handle it The other problem now is the psychological damage it caused my son. Now in his infant mind food=pain because everytime he ate he got sick. He now has a very fussy pallette and will remain that way until he is old enough to comprehend what happened to him.

You using cloth or disposable nappies Gok? Because my brilliant wife found an amazing cheap and easy solution. She found cloth nappies that are cut to suit and have velcro tabs like a disposable. So they are easy to change and you don't waste a fortune on disposable nappies. The only downside... A whole lot of washing. But the savings are worth it. Also have you changed the first "dirty" nappy? What experience that is. The substance (I can't remember what it's called... they have a medical name for it) is like tar. It took us about 45minutes to clean our son the first time

I'm surprised that how difficult it can be raising a baby that there are a many bogan teen parents as there are.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I'm surprised that how difficult it can be raising a baby that there are a many bogan teen parents as there are.
    it is the ones who are having number #2 and #3 before turning 20 that get me, you would think that they would have learnt from the experience from #1 to be more cautious...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    it is the ones who are having number #2 and #3 before turning 20 that get me, you would think that they would have learnt from the experience from #1 to be more cautious...
    Its all about the Centrelink benefits Trunks.... have you seen the way the kids are dressed and how they treat their kids, its like shouting is the norm, no normal "commercial" like mother child interaction. I've seen it too often in train stations here

mom: "Bleep" you little "bleep" stay the "bleepp" still. Stay here NOWW!
    kid: just keeps on fidgetting like there's no tomorrow and its its first time to see daylight.
    mom: I swear "bleep, bleep"

well you know the rest.....

I say dont spare the rod on both the mom and the kid......
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Its all about the Centrelink benefits Trunks.... have you seen the way the kids are dressed and how they treat their kids, its like shouting is the norm, no normal "commercial" like mother child interaction. I've seen it too often in train stations here

kid: just keeps on fidgetting like there's no tomorrow and its its first time to see daylight.

I actually saw a classic a couple of months ago in Nowra (I'll give everyone a moment to sit down from the shock) My wife and I were at wollies buying some lunch stuff on the way to her parents and in the checkout next to us there was a young mum and a young boy. The boy was begging his mum for one of the "impulse buy" choclates at the register and the Mum quite loudly said "No you can't have it because I only have $7 left am I getting a Woodstock". Nearly all the checkouts stopped and just looked in disbelief.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I aNo you can't have it because I only have $7 left am I getting a Woodstock". Nearly all the checkouts stopped and just looked in disbelief.
    hahahahaha classic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post

When I used to catch the train to study and work, I used to see that sort of scenario disturbingly often. Since the Government started handing out money to women having babies, I begun to see a lot of teenagers and very young women at shopping centers with 2-3 very small children and sometimes I see one of these mothers treat their kids with a very unattached attitude or if they were an unwanted after product as in 'I got the money so you have served your purpose'.