Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223242526273242 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Are they out in Australia, or did you get them from a specialty import store / from someone who got them in America?

I wish they were out here. Found them a specialty store that sells alot of that stuff. Was a plastic cup, one serving of them. I mite go pick up more this week.

I had a cupcake. It was delicious

What's a real good pie brand with lots of meat and gravy? I grabbed a traveler's pie from the local petrol station the other day (think it was Four N Twenty) and it had barely any gravy in it!

I find that Mrs Macs has a lot of gravy (you can find them at Woolies/Caltex).

I'm not a fan of the gravy though, as it means there's less meat filling... and can be a bit messy to eat as it runs out. I like ones with more 'solid' fillings, especially ones that have diced beef instead of minced beef.

Onto something different...
    I noticed at work yesterday, three new Smiths Chips flavours heading out to stores.
    - Crispy Bacon
    - Sunday Roast
    - Pie & Tomato Sauce (exclusive to Coles, for the footy finals - like the Pizza flavour was for the Origin series)

WTF kinda flavour is 'Sunday Roast'?!

Sounds more like 'Mystery Meat' flavour! Does it come with 'Malk'?

Will get on the Crispy Bacon and Pie/Sauce though

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    WTF kinda flavour is 'Sunday Roast'?!

Sounds more like 'Mystery Meat' flavour! Does it come with 'Malk'?

Will get on the Crispy Bacon and Pie/Sauce though
    It's "generic meat" flavored I guess
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

They actually featured it on Channel 9's "Sunday Roast" footy show, and said it tasted like scrums.
    Sunday Roast looks like a type of chicken flavour... probably their regular chicken flavour with added MSG.
    I also noticed that the Pizza flavour is back - maybe a regular flavour now, not just a limited edition Coles exclusive.
    So now its four packs of chips I gotta buy & try next time I'm at Coles...

Tried the Pie and Roast flavours, and I gotta say, they nailed both flavours perfectly. The Pie flavour - I could taste the beef, pastry and tomato sauce. And with the Sunday Roast flavour, it was like I had a mouthful of roasted vegetables and chicken. I was really impressed.
    Both are recommended, even to just try them out, and are on special this week (2 for $4 at coles - woolies don't have them)

(I didn't try the bacon or pizza flavours, as the sunnybank store are always slow getting in new stuff and didn't have them yet)

I gotta stay out of the chips aisle me thinks...
    Found 5 new Pringles flavours, and bought 4 to try.
    Tomato sauce - nice and accurate.
    Bacon - I could swear that I could taste the rind, the flavour was so perfect.
    Honey Mustard - very nice, tastes like the Red Rock Honey Mustard flavour.
    Wholemeal Sour Cream & Onion - haven't tried it yet.
    Wholemeal plain - didn't buy it.

It didn't help that Coles had 2 for $7 for the non-wholemeal flavours.

And to make things even worse, I then saw 5 new Shapes flavours. Fortunately they weren't on sale, so only bought 2 to try out - BBQ Ribs and Pepper Steak. Both were nice, but are the crispier style of biscuit like the Gourmet flavours (I prefer the crunchier style of the main flavours).

I'm so weak willed, I think I should avoid supermarkets completely.