Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King Hsss has reversed shoulders

Default King Hsss has reversed shoulders

After the Roboto incident with reversed shoulders it has happened again with King Hsss.

Toyguru has stated that Mattel initiated a shoulder committee to prevent this issue happening again but 6 months later, here we are.

You may not want to click the link because once you see it you can not unsee it but for those who do;

Here we go again...King Hsss has reversed shoulders

Response from Toyguru;

I won't offer excuses folks. This is the first time I've seen this issue as well and I elevated it (once again) to design management (cause frankly this burns me more then anyone since we put so much time into trying to get these guys perfect, kills me when anything is off).

At the end of the day when a line has such a small run like MOTUC these things happen. We do do all we can to catch these and I'm honestly shocked after Roboto that the design team missed this- again. Seriously not happy about this.

We'll keep trying, that is all I can say. And I'm truly sorry another one slipped through the cracks. I wish we had the resources of a large line like Barbie or even DCUC. With MOTUC the production runs are just so small that we make due with the very limited resources we have. Really sucks when they don't come out perfect, but mistakes do happen. I am sorry another one did.

Scott

Sigh

I hope Kup can figure out a way to correct this without damaging the figure, cause i'm not game otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Sigh

I hope Kup can figure out a way to correct this without damaging the figure, cause i'm not game otherwise!
    MOTU Figures are super hard to pull apart unlike TFs which just need a few screws removed to disassemble.

I hope that I am able to do it but even if I succeed, I can guarantee that it won't be easy and full of risk as Matty likes to glue their figures together.

Somebody did a tutorial and by the looks of it, it's much harder than I imagined.

http://he-man.us/Innovations/MOTUC-C...KingHssss.html

This isn't a factory error as such but a molding error (Mattel). The R & L stamps are on the wrong shoulders so the factory guy was actually doing his job properly. The problem now comes that despite the shoulders being reversed, the pegs for Left and Right are different so one would need to modify the pegs in order to swap the shoulders around.

The error here is fundamental and it would need you to 'kitbash like' alter the joints of the figure in order to 'correct' it.

Looks daunting.. while i could probably do it i might just see if it bothers me much in person first.

yeah, not sure if this will bother me or not, but I didn't get King hiss the first go round so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Somebody did a tutorial and by the looks of it, it's much harder than I imagined.

http://he-man.us/Innovations/MOTUC-C...KingHssss.html

This isn't a factory error as such but a molding error (Mattel). The R & L stamps are on the wrong shoulders so the factory guy was actually doing his job properly. The problem now comes that despite the shoulders being reversed, the pegs for Left and Right are different so one would need to modify the pegs in order to swap the shoulders around.

The error here is fundamental and it would need you to 'kitbash like' alter the joints of the figure in order to 'correct' it.
    With the pictures it doesn't seem that hard at all! Just tender loving care needs to be taken with it ^_^

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    With the pictures it doesn't seem that hard at all! Just tender loving care needs to be taken with it ^_^
    I always found it hard to pry apart glued pieces. The boiling of parts like sliding out the armor is also a bit of a factor.
    Last edited by kup; 19th March 2011 at 11:54 AM.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Seriously?! Again?!!

Mattel and Digital River are on a roll this month! This is garbage!