• Bob Silvot

9 45.00%
  • Servo Mihi Ex Linguam Latinum

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Name Silverbolt's Shield!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Why does it need a name?
    When did it become necessary for Bots to start naming their accessories like pet names for people's privates... it's a bit like Beast Wars introducing vocal commands to transform. This is just a gimmick that comes from Japan and Hasbro only does it on some occasions as a nod to the Japanese gimmick or as an easter egg to fans who might recognise the names.
    Where is the voting option to have no name... because I'm one who doesn't like it because it is usually a lame or forced inclusion that is more often cringe-worthy or out of place.
    Abstain from voting i guess? Number of visitors - number of votes = those that don't want a name.

^not quite that accurate actually.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Where is the voting option to have no name... because I'm one who doesn't like it because it is usually a lame or forced inclusion that is more often cringe-worthy or out of place.
    Nobody nominated "no name" during the first round, but I suppose if anyone feels that strongly about not naming it, then just reply (or PM me if you wish to remain anonymous) with "No name" and I'll manually count that.

I'll count yours as a vote for that, griff.

can a mod change it? huperakron as a word actually maybe looks kinda lame but more closely matches the translation i was going for. maybe hyperakron looks and sounds better?

out of 7 people so far nobody voted for it anyway so it might not matter but yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Nice one

"Servo Mihi Ex Linguam Latinum" <- I was working on something like this myself but Google Translate did not assist me make a phrase that translated back to English well.
    Yeah, don't trust Google Translate.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    can a mod change it? huperakron as a word actually maybe looks kinda lame but more closely matches the translation i was going for. maybe hyperakron looks and sounds better?

out of 7 people so far nobody voted for it anyway so it might not matter but yeah...
    Let's cross that space bridge if it gets voted in. I personally prefer to remain faithful to the original translation.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I personally prefer to remain faithful to the original translation.
    But not when it came to mine I could no longer vote for my suggestion. No big loss, just pointing it out.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    But not when it came to mine I could no longer vote for my suggestion. No big loss, just pointing it out.
    True. Although again, we can review that option if it gets voted in.

Despite my own suggestion, I actually voted for Skyboom Shield. It's obviously the best name. Although I gave my actual Skyboom Shield to Silver Knight Optimus Prime so that Grimlock could keep his shield which doesn't have a name. Gah.

I actually prefer Bob Silvot - but better change it to B.O.B stands for Breaker of Beams (as in laser beams) that way we can finally put Bob to rest and move on to either Gary or Ned when naming things

oh and in naming things I bet Roadbuster would approve of this, yes he would.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I don't quite get the naming of a shield either. maybe if it had a long and gloried history. like some of the swords in Lord of the Rings.
    The name out to reflect the strengths of the shield, or it's owner.

I'm trying to come up with something that reflects his supersonic alt mode, shockwave, compression wave, sonic boom, Delta (wing)... shield

it all feels a bit corny, I vote for no name.
    Last edited by UltraMarginal; 16th April 2015 at 05:38 PM.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I thought of this for a serious name,

IronEagle shield

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!