Page 436 of 481 FirstFirst ... 416426431432433434435436437438439440441446456 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Fricken 45+ heat killed one of our pet chooks

Sorry to hear Trev. I've put an irrigation sprinkler along the top of the chook pen and a mini sprinkler hose across the rabbit cage. Chucked on an overtly expensive timer so it goes on for 5 minutes an hour for these stinking hot days in the hope it will help the poor buggers.

The chooks and local birds love it (the cockatoos and lorikeets sit on top
    Of the chook pen and bathe) but the rabbits hate it until the water stops and then they love digging themselves a miniburrow in the cool dirt.

Except for the timer it was only about $20 all up to install and took about 2 hours mostly because I kept having my feet pecked by the chooks and it stupidly tickled while trying to drill holes in for the brackets. Timer was nearly $100 iirc.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Sorry to hear Trev. I've put an irrigation sprinkler along the top of the chook pen and a mini sprinkler hose across the rabbit cage. Chucked on an overtly expensive timer so it goes on for 5 minutes an hour for these stinking hot days in the hope it will help the poor buggers.

The chooks and local birds love it (the cockatoos and lorikeets sit on top
    Of the chook pen and bathe) but the rabbits hate it until the water stops and then they love digging themselves a miniburrow in the cool dirt.

Except for the timer it was only about $20 all up to install and took about 2 hours mostly because I kept having my feet pecked by the chooks and it stupidly tickled while trying to drill holes in for the brackets. Timer was nearly $100 iirc.
    Yeah I've got some extra long hoses. Gonna run a sprinkler up to their pen tomorrow given it's going to be at least 43. Might consider doing a bit of a set up like yours

After training this morning I saw this at the car park...

The driver even had a religious symbol on the dashboard. Evidently meaning jerks to the disabled is okay to him/her though.

They'll only throw the paper away & keep on truckin'.
    2 flat tyres and a touch up with the car keys would have been more appropriate

To be honest it should not be a parking spot. It has 512 written there meaining it is a spot. They could only go a few centimeters to the left which would not allow much more room for the disabled person.

And anyone with neurons firing at a reasonable rate would stop and think:

Hang on, the guy next to me is in a handicapped spot, maybe I'll think of someone else for 1/2 a second and see if they have sufficient room to enter and exit.
    But, no, I need that spot right near the door to park my SUV that doesnt get dirty, just so I don't waste that extra half a kilojoule walking my lazy arse an extra 10 meters.
    And, yes, it should not be a parking spot for regular cars. That in itself was genius design.

There is something on that Parking sign for spot 512... Goktimus what was it?

^ probably a sign which states parking only for small cars given the size of the parking spot. Sad thing is people don't care. I just went grocery shopping and walked past 2 of these small car only lots with large SUVs parked in there. One even had a massive Range Rover. Also don't get me started on people without kids parking in parent with pram spots...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There is something on that Parking sign for spot 512... Goktimus what was it?
    Actually I'm pretty sure that s a picture of a motorcycle. So they parked a car in a bike spot. Deadset idiot.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain