Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're obsessed with Transformers when:

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    You know your obsessed when your vacation isn't centered about you getting leisure and relaxation and visitiing those places, but rather planned and the whole trip revolves on that plan - where are the TF shopping haunts and visiting those for the umpteenth time til your wallet bleeds.
    Guilty. My wife was getting sick of me constantly obsessing over toy hunting whenever we went travelling -- so earlier this year when I went to Japan, she gave me ONE day which I could dedicate to Transformers, but not for the rest of the trip. So that was the day of the January Osaka Meet where I got to catch up with some fans from Kansai (and 2 from Nagoya) and spend most of the day TF hunting and just sitting around talking about Transformers! But the rest of the trip was mostly spent doing other stuff like travelling and catching up with Mundaner (non-TF folk) friends.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    or better yet you OWN a transformers forum
    I used to run a TF forum (this was before griffin had established one for OzFormers). But it wasn't as nice as this one -- it was one of those "free forums" where you get ads, and the URL is just the domain name plus some random code; and of course, there's no nice looking TF themed wallpaper, buttons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MindsetOverhaul View Post
    if i see a girl cruising around Mildura with a TF badge i'll talk to you

i've been visiting my mum in my home town this week and by the number of cars i've seen with those badges, i'm surprised the ANZAC memorial hasn't been replaced by a Cybertronian War memorial. Or, in the council office foyer, the Matrix, on a velvet cushion, mounted on a plinth in a glass cabinet.

so, no offense chrome badge people, i'm just jealous
    You should! Mines a silvery blue Ford Focus with a chrome autobot badge and my best friend drives a black Mazda 6 with an autobot on the back window. It's cute when we park side by side somewhere. I also have Optimus hanging from my mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I used to run a TF forum (this was before griffin had established one for OzFormers). But it wasn't as nice as this one -- it was one of those "free forums" where you get ads, and the URL is just the domain name plus some random code; and of course, there's no nice looking TF themed wallpaper, buttons etc.
    At least you had a forum - I was printing off monthly newsletters on my Commodore 64's dot matrix printer Because there were no programs back then to insert images etc, I would have to photocopy pics and stick them on a blank piece of A4 paper with the writing and then photocopy it all together just to produce a single page. That was painful
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    At least you had a forum - I was printing off monthly newsletters on my Commodore 64's dot matrix printer Because there were no programs back then to insert images etc, I would have to photocopy pics and stick them on a blank piece of A4 paper with the writing and then photocopy it all together just to produce a single page. That was painful
    Hahaha, I used to do that for this anime and gaming fanzine my friends and I used to make when we were at school! (and we went to different schools too!) -- it was actually called "Animania"... looooong before the anime convention came along and stole that name that we weren't using anymore and had never trademarked!!

when everytime you go to a store/mall, you look for the TF section.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I used to do that until everything started to suck

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Nah, we have two cars - the one my wife normally drives is covered in Autobot logos, the one I normally drive is covered in Decepticon logos. They both have Transformers "My Family" stickers on the back windows - Autobot and Decepticon respectively. Oh, and both cars only play Transformers music. Don't listen to blasphemous non-Transformers music!
    Ahhh , it all makes sense now.. i haven't seen the tf 'my family' stickers yet.
    seen a few funny ones though. i'll have to keep an eye out..

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    i do that.. sometimes (if i actually get something) i have to pretend i'm buying it for a non-existent child..
    same in the star wars lego section. whichever i find first

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    You should! Mines a silvery blue Ford Focus with a chrome autobot badge and my best friend drives a black Mazda 6 with an autobot on the back window. It's cute when we park side by side somewhere. I also have Optimus hanging from my mirror.
    Nice!! I wanna sticker or badge up my next ute. i was thinking a big decepticon logo over the bonnet and draping down over 1 of the front guards,
    we'll see

Try having it repainted then like Movieverse Dropkick G-rock. no need for a little badge.

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]