Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What other Transformer Crossover figures or toylines could we have?

Default What other Transformer Crossover figures or toylines could we have?

Personally I’ve never been a massive fan of Cross-over toys. I have always gotten a few token ones from each line so I have examples of them. For me that was Darth Vader & Luke Skywalker from the first wave of Star Wars toys and then Obi-Wan from the later toys, and Venom and the Spiderman/Iron-Man 2-Pack from Marvel. I also got Optimash Prime & Bumblespud as I thought they were kinda cool and have a ton of Kre-O, though it’s technically not a crossover. But overall, even in drought time, I have let the vast majority of Crossover toys pass me by. I always thought that maybe if something a bit cooler or more to my tastes came out, I would buy more of them.

So far we have had the following Crossovers in Transformers:
    • Star Wars
    • Marvel
    • Disney
    • Mr Potato Head
    • Lego
    (sort of)

So what else could we have as Transformers Crossover toys? Pretend for a moment that Hasbro has the rights to all this stuff. Here are a few suggestions:

DC Comics: It would be very cool to see the Batmobile turn into Batman (a.k.a The Brave & The Bold but done much better), Lobo into his Jetbike etc. Good luck Getting Wonder Woman to transform into her invisible plane though, and Hal Jordan turning into a giant lantern might look a bit weird. Plastic Man could be a 6-changer though!

Star Trek: Captain Kirk turning into the Original Enterprise, Scotty turning into the Enterprise-A, Sulu into the Excelsior, Sisko into the Defiant etc – would be awesome! Plus lots of enemies such as Klingons turning into Birds-of-Prey and K’tinga class warships, Romulans into Warbirds, Quark into a Ferengi Marauder etc. Tons and tons of characters and ships to choose from!

Other Cartoons: Panthro turning into the Thundertank, Donatello turning into the Turtle-Wagon, Skelletor & He-Man turning into one of the myriad of vehicles that were in MOTU. Again, lots to choose from.

Cool Movie/TV Show Vehicles: Egon turning into Ecto-1, BA Barracus turning into the A-Team van, The Doc turning into the Delorian, Kit from Nightrider having a robot mode etc. Lots of fun!

So what else would you like to see as a Transformers Crossover toy? Feel free to give an individual example, an entire possible toyline, or comment on one of those above.

Spongebob Squarepants

They have made the Disney crossovers and Gari Gari Kun iceypoles so i imagine Bikini Bottom characters would be something similar.

Also.. GI JOE!
    I was never into them but their are plenty in the fandom who want to see GI JOE/TF.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Also.. GI JOE!
    I was never into them but their are plenty in the fandom who want to see GI JOE/TF.
    My thoughts ... I was going to ask has there ever been any G.I.Joe / TF crossover toys.

Well there is the Starscream GI Joe and the HISS tank, if you count them.

G.I.JOE

And I would honestly rather not have the robots pretending to be G.I. Joe/COBRA characters... I've never been a huge fan of the concept of making Crossover vehicles look like characters, it's silly and impedes on the design/engineering of the robot mode. In Transformers Energon we had a Transformer called Snow Cat, who transforms into a G.I. Joe Snowcat -- but the robot doesn't try to imitate Frostbite (the driver), it's an entirely new Transformer character with his own look. That's how I'd like G.I. Joe Transformers to be designed... just let designers work out how to transform the vehicles into cool robots and design the robots themselves without imposing constraints on them with having the robots try to look like Joe/Cobra characters.
    http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/85/snowcat/
    http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/...nowcat_toy.jpg

My Little Pony. Hasbro owns the IP, so licencing isnt an issue. Theyve got Lego aimed specifically for girls, why not TF? Who wouldnt want an adowable , little pink gestalt?

I would love a scooby doo crossover.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i would probably have bought some star wars transformers but i think that the fact that they transform into characters from the movies severely limits the robot mode. Should just be a normal transformer that tf's into a star wars vehicle.

star trek would be nice too.

TMNT. Would dig some of that action.

No revival of Transformers Animorphs? *shudder*