View Poll Results: GEN-15 VOY Hot Spot - worth buying?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 80.00%
  • Only if...

2 8.00%
  • No

1 4.00%
  • Not even interested

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 VOY Hot Spot (combiner)

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 VOY Hot Spot (combiner)

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here.

HOT SPOT
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 3
    Released here - Not here yet (out in Asia April)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$50) US$25
    Approximate Size - 20cm (robot), 25cm (vehicle)
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Fire Truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner core (Defensor)
    Main Colours - Sky blue, white, red, black
    Main Accessories - 2 guns

Here's my review of the final Protectobot with Hot Spot, and the combined Defensor. Definitely an improvement over Menasor, and looks great with Superion.

Hot Spot himself overall is pretty good, although the same ratchet hips joints cause the same articulation and posing issues as the previous Optimus and Motormaster figures. I wish they would somehow change the range of each step in the ratchet joint.

Other than that, the transformation is pretty elegant, and I do like the way it transforms into the central component of Defensor. The body proportions of Defensor are much improved over Menasor, and he looks much better standing next to Superion.

Overall, a nice way to complete the team, and a good update to the classic G1 character. I'm looking forward to seeing what changes Takara makes to their version.

Hope you can check out the video review

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Hot Spot and Defensor - YouTube

This Hotspot looks pretty decent actually.

Overall: Not as nice as Silverbolt, but a better toy than Motormaster. Recommended.

Pics!

I don't know why but every time I look at CW Hot Spot I get more and more desperate for a Fire Convoy repaint of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I don't know why but every time I look at CW Hot Spot I get more and more desperate for a Fire Convoy repaint of some kind.
    Even though I don't have Hot Spot yet, I would totally buy a Fire Convoy Redeco/Retool. Based on the images I've seen, it can be done.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Even though I don't have Hot Spot yet, I would totally buy a Fire Convoy Redeco/Retool. Based on the images I've seen, it can be done.
    Adding more fuel to the fire (convoy ).. http://tformers.com/combiner-wars-ho...6811/news.html
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I like this figure - as others have said, it's a nice update for the character. Good range of motion, and it looks good, although I wish his robot mode was a tiny bit chunkier - I suppose I got used to the chunky arms of the G1 toy.

I like the fact that the fists are partially exposed in vehicle mode - I have this thought that if you try to rear-end this fire truck, your car will be PUNCHED IN THE BUMPER!

Ahem...

Finally, Defensor. I wasn't sure of the Defensor torso's proportions - something in the photos looked a bit off to me - but I went and made a pseudo-Defensor using the Aerialbots and I think the torso looks better in person. I think the other Protectobots will be next...

I just watched a Stop Motion which had Defensor transforming, and I have to say Defensors head transformation is interesting and quite cool.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I like the fact that the fists are partially exposed in vehicle mode - I have this thought that if you try to rear-end this fire truck, your car will be PUNCHED IN THE BUMPER!
    I totally understand. Despite the lukewarm reception it gets I really like Ultimate Optimus Prime and some of that is due to his punch power. He is swinging half a truck cab at you! http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime.../toys#Ultimate
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose