Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Transformers fan vote

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I certainly would have vote for Wheeljack if we knew that it would be the Cybertronian mode, and if it was implied that we wouldn't get it if it didn't win.

After the RID cartoon gave us a LOT of Decepticons that never became toys, I just don't trust that anyone who is in the upcoming cartoon or comic universe will get toys.
    As such, I think we won't get a toy for every character, but the winning pair will be guaranteed to be done.

If they release the other four, at all... it will cheapen the already unexciting 2018 fan-vote. (I'm not saying that they shouldn't do all six, as I'd still want them, and want fans of those characters to get them as well, and not be teased like this and never get it.)
    Did they ever make the dragster praying mantis? Coz of the design direction there were some really interesting unique characters developed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Why is it all I can ever say when I read one of your posts is:

+1

I guess, I'm just that awesome!

Hearing that Wheeljack would be Cybertronian mode completely changed my opinion of the poll and who to vote for.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Did we get a winner?

Here's hoping they don't dilute the existing wreckers media too much.
    It'll be interesting to see how they handle it, the Wreckers have always been a fruitful story team.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

While I do want all 3 new CHUG characters made Impactor was the one I wanted the least as he doesn't have a G1 toy.

I saw a video of a guy standing on a greenscreen announcing who won, I think. I didn't turn the sound on, I had a general idea of what was being said, but something... I dunno, and I realise this is tip-toeing into very "I am a bit of a sensitive baby" thing, and probably is me projecting or whatever, but like....

It might've been nice if this wasn't a 'vs' set vote (I'm assuming it's for a 2-dlx set or whatever) and more of an "&' set. Like, maybe two ppl (cybertronians, I dunno) working together, or whatever. I do know that V/Vs. doesn't always imply conflict (tho from the imagery used it was pretty obvious what sort of term Vs. took in this context), but think given the state of the world and media in general, could've been nice. Yes, I know Hasbro have no social obligation to reduce conflict/conflict imagery, just wishful thinking, thats all.

I know that this is generally a brand for essentially war toys/war media and that conflict is a a large part of it's story/presentation and will likely be going into the future. I know that there's probably next to no appetite to change this either within Hasbro (excluding some current IDW stuff) or within fandom generally (because it never brings up), and I'm not so delusional to think that this approach of "&" instead of "Vs." was in any way considered or whatever (in the way I'm babbling now).

Just woulda been nice to have, despite their factional differences, Needlenose and Tracks (who are brothers now, I suppose) not at each other's throats. Or Mirage/Impactor working together to like.... I dunno, fix a fence.

Llalalala.

I got the impression that vs. doesn't necessarily mean in the physical conflict sense but extends to other areas such as ideological points, ie Tracks v Needlenose to explain why two brothers are fighting for different causes, Impactor v Mirage has something to do with Mirage convincing Impactor to fight for the Autobots.

I for one didn't vote as I felt Impactor was going to win out and that is who I would have voted for anyway but even if I was wrong I was not overly fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I got the impression that vs. doesn't necessarily mean in the physical conflict sense but extends to other areas such as ideological points, ie Tracks v Needlenose to explain why two brothers are fighting for different causes, Impactor v Mirage has something to do with Mirage convincing Impactor to fight for the Autobots.
    True, and I don't want to sound like im oversimplifying anything, but I guess when coupled with the imagery they used (each member rushing at each other, often with a weapon), I couldn't help but assume the vs. aspect involved some kind of physical violence against one another. Which again sure, thats part of the whole transformers thing, just I dunno, I'm getting violence burnout at the moment.

Might log off x

Dang it!
    All I wanted was Wheeljack in his cybertronian mode!