Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Botcon figures revealed

Excellent news. I will be interested to see them but won't have to feel aggrieved like last year, while the hardcore types can get their exclusive fix.

All I can say is:

THANK PRIMUS!

There is nothing here that I care for so no more spending crazy amounts of money for toys!

Its Bizzare but I am very relieved at this set of underwhelming Botcon figures, specially after buying full sets for two consequtive Botcon years and the giant effort involved.
    ________
    Rhode Island Medical Marijuana
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:57 PM.

Meh.

An interesting idea, and I'm glad they've gone for a distinct theme, as in the last two years.

But meh.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

You may change your mind when you see them kup, most people do.

The toys and theme sounds too much like Star Trek's Mirror Universe. It might work, but suggests that there was little they could otherwise do with the limited moulds at their disposal this year.

The convention details can be found here:
    http://www.botcon.com/BotCon08/image...ochure%202.pdf

or from the main botcon website:
    http://www.botcon.com

I was a bit worried that the registration forms were put up as well, as it could be until Tuesday until I could fax it off. Still wouldn't be happy if they are released before Tuesday though. The pre-con tours sound quite good this year. I might consider signing up for them. This is why I had to wait to book airfares, which is gonna cost me more now.

benben2142 Guest

Talking

WTF that’s not too interesting to me but would be quite nice to get my hands on them and have a look at pictures, but what the hell, Autobots Evil and Decepticons good??? I’m confused!

It is a clever idea and I am looking forward to the comic but that is where my interest ends. I have seen the evil Grimlock repaint and it doesn't look that good.

It is nice that they are doing this but its not interesting enough to justify aftre market Botcon prices.

A theme such as the one they are employing here is what they should have done to begin with in the Universe line. Provide an interesting theme so that they can focus the repaints on.
    ________
    F3A TRANSMISSION
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It is nice that they are doing this but its not interesting enough to justify aftre market Botcon prices.
    Why "after market"?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Why "after market"?
    I am not going to Botcon so the only way to obtain this figures is 'after market' such as on Ebay and the like.
    ________
    Volcano Vaporizer

Incorrect. Read the brochure or a few posts back about the non-attendance package.

True, but I am not a Club member so it doesn't change anything for me and most other people.
    ________
    Lesbian girl