Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First pics of Botcon 08' toys

Default First pics of Botcon 08' toys

Here is the first pic of 'Evil Prime' who is part of the Botcon 08 Box set. He doesn't look bad and its fairly unique in his own way. Alt mode looks like he is going to look like Motor Master but Robot mode has a unique look to it. The Battle damage sticker on the windscreen is also a nice touch.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12405

Although I find the 'Mirror Universe' concept interesting, its not enough to get me to seek out the toys. I am only looking forward to the comic and that's it.

More money for G1

Edit: Thanks Paulbot!
    ________
    EXTREME Q
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:19 PM.

Yeah the figure is a very "hit or miss" one, and I guess he wont have an asking price similar to Thundercracker in the coming years.

Nice to see that the Collectors Club was given the left over paint from Classics Skywarp. The silver on the legs looks quite nice though, Hasbro could learn a thing or two here. Not a fan of the Purple Autobot Logo, would have been nicer to see proper Decepticon logos on him.
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 12th February 2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Saw more detail in picture
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

looks fairly nice

and rather than check at seibertron (nothing wrong with that), just check -> http://www.botcon.com/08figures.cfm for others in the coming weeks.

Actually I am just a little bit disappointed with the paint job. At the Sydney fan meet we were discussing that it would be much better if they kept the original paint schemes but added evil tones to them such as a darker & deeper red and blue and other evil detailing. Just giving Autobots, Decepticon color schemes feels a bit uninspired to me.

The red eyes and window cracks are a nice touch but not enough. Cool evil universes have characters looking very similar to the proper versions with the difference being their behaviour and ideals plus some minor detailing to show their 'evilness'. Like it was done in the Original series of Star Trek.

I guess that they needed to make the toys radically different to the retail counterparts but if they had done something like mentioned above, I would be more interested in this set.

Yeah, this set needs Evil goatees!
    ________
    BRUNETTE GERMAN

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah, this set needs Evil goatees!
    Didn't they rumour an evil Rodimus with goatee alongside good Megatron?

It looks pretty good. Thumbs up for the effort of painting cracks on windshield and all. I wonder, that purple gun he's holding in his left hand, is that a new sculpt, or did original classics Prime already have that?

Quote Originally Posted by foor View Post
    Didn't they rumour an evil Rodimus with goatee alongside good Megatron?

It looks pretty good. Thumbs up for the effort of painting cracks on windshield and all. I wonder, that purple gun he's holding in his left hand, is that a new sculpt, or did original classics Prime already have that?
    Its a straight repaint. The large purple gun came with Classics Prime only that it was painted Red with white detailing.
    ________
    Ford Del Rio

Whoa. So Underwhelming. I guess I can stick with a loose set then

Oddly Energon Megatron is the rumoured repaint for this run, and not Classics Megatron.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Meh... this doesn't do that much for me... are we sure it's "evil"? (the botcon page doesn't seem to state it) - if so, why is he still sporting Autobot logos? And he's awfully purple - if that's meant to represent his Decepticon status, then why doesn't he have Decepticon insignias?

He looks more like Pimp Daddy Prime to me. Or maybe, Optimus Crime. He needs bling.

Well the yankee fans seem to be for the most part in love with this "unbelievably awesome" repaint.

Honestly, Stencilator could easily do a superior job.