Page 78 of 124 FirstFirst ... 586873747576777879808182838898 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Transformers Trivia Game Thread!

I'll add Armada Wheeljack to the list and keep thinking...

Oh your Maximal/predacon hint just triggered another memory:

Transmetal 2 Blackarachnia

Edit: and Armada Sideways (motorbike) and Cybertron Sideways (jet) are different toys

So...

Punch/Counterpunch
    Doubledealer
    Armada Sideways
    Armada Wheeljack
    Cybertron Sideways

hmm, two more...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Edit: and Armada Sideways (motorbike) and Cybertron Sideways (jet) are different toys
    Oh - yes they are (I should have looked at my list). When Trunks asked if they both counted I was thinking he meant Armada Sideways and Energon Rapid Run. Yes, of course they both count.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So...

Punch/Counterpunch
    Doubledealer
    Armada Sideways
    Armada Wheeljack
    Cybertron Sideways

hmm, two more...
    Indeed.

Okay - the answers:

As Trunks and Paulbot noted, the following toys (and their respective variants) all have both heroic and evil insignias:

G1 Punch/Counterpunch
    G1 Doubledealer
    Beast Wars TM2 Blackarachnia
    Armada Sideways
    Armada Wheeljack and
    Cybertron Sideways.

The seventh toy on my list was the upcoming Animated Shockwave.

And the eighth (which was stupidly obscure but I included it just in case someone mentioned it) was the mail order Toys 'R' Us Robots in Disguise Scourge variant, which were Black Battle Convoy overstocks with US stickers – thus some of them had G2 Autobot symbols on the firing discs, but Decepticon symbols on Scourge's cab.

I'm actually surprised though if there aren't more in twenty-four years of Transformers, particularly when Autobots are recoloured into Decepticons and vice versa. Toys that came close to having both sets of symbols included the Autobot Cyberjets Jetfire and Strafe (which just had Decepticon insignias, except the Japanese versions which came with extra sticker sheets.) As I mentioned, toys like E-Hobby Overcharge and Gadep have also come with insignia sticker sheets. And Beast Changer has a half Maximal, half Vehicon symbol. Plus there's the occasional claim that people have bought Decepticon Transformers with Autobot rubsigns (and the other way round.) But are there really only eight molds with both heroic and evil insignias?

Anyway, Trunks, you named four - if you want to ask a question it's your turn.

I did think about the Autobot Cyberjets. Animated Shockwave was a tricky one since it was a new toy. I had a feeling there was another spark crystal with both symbols but I couldn't recall which. Maybe Beast Changer's half and half was what I was thinking of.

Great question though as it really made me think

Yeah, I wouldn't count Animated Shockwave since it hasn't come out yet. That's kinda like counting your chickens before they hatch.

I'll pass my go onto whomever, I cant think of any nice difficult ones like you do Sky Shadow!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    *puts on referree's hat*
    Okay, your question was:
    "what were the first five Transformers toys to have ball-and-socket joints?"

By that wording you must accept any of the first five Transformers toys that were created with ball-and-socket joints.
    (Goktimus Prime to Sky Shadow, 2/9/2008). Sky Shadow does in fact accept any of the first five Transformers toys that were created with ball-and-socket joints.

You are obliged to award any correct answers as per the wording of your question...
    (Goktimus Prime to Sky Shadow, 6/9/2008). Sky Shadow thusly awards correct answers as per the wording of his question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The question: name eight Transformers toys with both an Autobot and Decepticon insignia.
    I wouldn't count Animated Shockwave since it hasn't come out yet.
    (Goktimus Prime to Sky Shadow, 9/10/2008). Sky Shadow is then expected not to accept a Transformers toy with both an Autobot and Decepticon insignia as an answer and not award correct answers as per the wording of his question.

... Sky Shadow's head subsequently explodes: ><

While Sky Shadow puts his head together, I ask (as runner up for the last question)

Which Headmaster companions are related to each other?

Zarak and Blowpipe.

Sky Shadow: my last comment to you was just my personal opinion, I wasn't wearing my "referee's hat." :/ Your inclusion of Animated Shockwave isn't against the rules or anything as far as I can tell.

Zarak and Blowpipe.
    No, Blowpipe is a Targetmaster companion. I'm looking for two Headmaster companions that are related.