Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect Effect DX-03 Warden aka not-Fort Max

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Looks totally intense. I'm sure I've seen pictures of him with a set of treads hanging off his back though... I think they were removable.
    You're right, here it is. I was trying to look for that post as well but couldn't find it, thinking that it was a distinctly different third party company that was offering it.

IDW-esque tank treads are there, but I didn't like the original head/shoulder proportions. The original head seemed bigger (now we know he was meant to be a Headmaster all along) and the way that it sunk into his chest/shoulders seems to reduce the level of bravado they were trying to achieve.

I agree with kup, that the head-mode excludes non-G1 Fort Max owners, but that didn't necessarily stop me from enjoying BW/BM/RID Megabolt Megatron

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I agree with kup, that the head-mode excludes non-G1 Fort Max owners, but that didn't necessarily stop me from enjoying BW/BM/RID Megabolt Megatron
    Lol. This project has me, for the first time, considering buying a Fort Max
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The bot mode is freaking awesome (even though he doesn't have guns in his feet), great aesthetic as usual from PE.

Also liking their new heads for Hasbro ROTF Bludgeon and Botcon Overlord, though I wish they would make a whole new toy for each, because their face sculpts are great.

Yeah, if you look at the blurred picture, you can make out the toy with the original pic threads.

will be ordering this! and prob a fort max too haha
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Apparently Warden is going to be "DVD case height" which after measuring one with my toys equals to exactly the same height as Hardbone and forehead level of City Commander.

I also measured the DVD case against Voyager Blitzwing and it's of identical height so we can expect Warden to be Voyager size.

To me this is a good scale for a Classics Fort Max. I would have preferred a little taller but this is good enough. It has certainly gone on the list of toys I am looking forward to get.

Source:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...l#post10053194

Interesting info indeed Kup, I'm keeping my eye on this bloke as well ; his ability to combine with a G1 FortMax is rather "meh" , but he'd go great with C.O.D.E. and the rest of FansProject's "Function-X" members.
    (Baring in mind there's many "Modes" we've not seen yet )

I have a feeling that the 7 in 1 mentioned in the blurred picture needs to be able to be combined with other figures (perhaps existing / upcoming PE ones) in some way?

DVD cover height is consistent with pics taken at botcon which looks like the same prototype! Exciting!
    Also, per the earlier preview shots looks like different modules snap on to him.

Nice!

Also fun, what goes where in which mode!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

The back pack helps to add further width for a closer IDW look.