Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Badcube OTS-08 SunSurge (Sunstreaker)

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Vehicle looks amazing, and probably how i'd display it, but the legs (mainly feet) dont do it for me, and the fake chest seems a bit smallish/not quite right. I've already put my eggs in omni's basket, dunno why but i'm not a fan of badcubes releases, they're solid (lately i guess) but dunno, I dont really like their insecticons at all.

Wow Badcube seem really far in development. Nice prototype pics. Omnigonix's delay after delay and not much updates really hasn't done them any favours. I think most ppl will just switch to Badcube

While proportionally it looks better than what we've seen of Spinout the fake chest is an instant deal breaker for me.

I'm sticking with Spinout.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Just out of curiosity, why does fake chest bother ppl ( hmm that sounds odd ).

Generally it means a good looking (accurate?) bot mode and alt mode. You still get the transform the figure, and it's not parts-forming as such.

Also, don't official Takara MPs have some fake parts too?

Quote Originally Posted by Initial_G View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why does fake chest bother ppl ( hmm that sounds odd ).

Generally it means a good looking (accurate?) bot mode and alt mode. You still get the transform the figure, and it's not parts-forming as such.

Also, don't official Takara MPs have some fake parts too?
    To me the transformation engineering is more important than a source accurate bot mode and vehicle mode, and using fake parts is to me a major engineering fail, especially for something as high end as a third party Masterpiece style release.

That said I think it all comes down to what you're after from your figures - I don't collect MP figures at all because having a G1 accurate collection isn't something that I'm fussed about.

I have MP-03 Starscream (and the Hasbro Skywarp repaint) and MP-11 Starscream because I'm a sucker for jet transformers.

I have MP-12 Sideswipe because I love supercar transformers. I'll get Omni's Spinout because I love supercar transformers, not because I'm after a cartoon accurate G1 Sunstreaker.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Hmmm the fake chest doesn't bother me too much, it's that gap just below where it looks like something tucks in that's a problem. Also those huge duck feet and the open-ended rear in alt mode.

The Omnigonix version does look a bit better in most of those regards, however that large chest makes it look like he's consumed too much energon.

There are good and bad parts to both. I'll hold off final judgment until production mold is finished.

^my thoughts exactly
    My sales thread: LINK HERE

Both versions seem to have pros and cons. I have to say I'm leaning toward this version overall, but I need to see the finished colour version to be sure.

Fake chest doesn't bother me, as Wardog essentially fakes his gun turret chest but the ingenuity and implementation is awesome, so it wont feel like a cop out for me as long as the engineering is clever. So far Badcube's transformations have been complex but always rewarding, so that and the quality of their last release has me favoring this one, at least for now.

Don't like the fake chest myself - I like spin out better (if it ever releases!)

I don't understand the dislike for the fake chest. Both MP-1 and MP-10 had fake waist elements.