Hi there. On occasion I have done simple pin removals in order to better paint a toy (I really am rather amateur, and not experienced with customising). But they have been pins that have two sides (you can tap it from the correct side, it comes out the other).

What I want to do with Windblade is make a Slipstream with a painted shapeways face. But the wings are pointing the wrong direction, and I want to remove the pin attaching the wings then flip them 180 degrees. Should differentiate her from Windblade nicely.

Only catch is (and you probably need a TR Windblade to see it) there is a 'top' to the pin on her shoulders, but there is no hole at the bottom to tap it out. I am guessing it was just a single tap in at the factory.

So I thought I might be able to boil the plastic to loosen things up, but I still have no idea how to remove it. I even wondered if I got a really powerful electromagnet or rare earth one if I could 'suck' it out (that sounds sus, but you know what I mean). Is there a simpler (and nonobvious) way to do this without breaking Windblade?