Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro October answers.

I'd love to see the female one in Deluxe size. Or even Activator.

Animated Sunstorm shall be interesting.

I think we have been spoiled by these answers, they are far more friendly and open that anything the US based sites got.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Yah... I'd rather see the Animated Starscream clones as Activators... getting them all as Voyagers would be expensive and take up more precious shelf space. :/

Shame about the battle scenes, although probably predictable after seeing them on clearance for $15 at Big W, and kmart clogged with them.

Great response from Hasbro, and thanks to Griffin for organizing it

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm surprised at the "in line with the USA" extra price over a regular deluxe for the special editions.

Remember that is something they couldn't get retail. Definitly got my interest in them now.

EDIT: I suppose we couldn't expect more from question 4.

It's not just a toy here or there, it's entire runs, and consistant to the point of expectation that it will have a sub-par finish.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Very impressed with Hasbro's effort!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yea, overall it was great.

I suppose we should have worded Q9 a bit better to mention that the price they charge to international people is a killer and a turn off to joining, thus why we wanted to know about a local TFCC chapter.

And Q19&20 were very appreciated. I do wonder if they made a slip about sunstorm though as I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere else, and I don't recall it being in the cartoon, (yet).
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    <snip>

I do wonder if they made a slip about sunstorm though as I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere else, and I don't recall it being in the cartoon, (yet).
    Wasn't his colour-scheme that of a clone?

Last edited by Pulse; 26th October 2008 at 12:15 AM.

Just did some editting of the last 2 questions, so it is easier for me to refer to later.
    It is indeed a good response from Hasbro. Let's hope this is something we can continue with for some time, at least, until we run out of questions (20 per month is a lot, once you ask most of the more common questions).
    If the NZ fans don't end up getting something set up for them, and we run out of questions to submit after the first couple months, we could probably submit some on their behalf.

Q1 - Not surprising that they have something planned, but it will probably be secondary to promoting the movie.
    Q2 - Naturally the next 12 months will be tied up, but if they actually do investigate the viability of an internationally themed line, it would be good to know that they take our suggestions on board.
    Q3 - I'd think most mass-produced plastic products would be recyclable, but when I asked our local council a few years back (because of all the plastic packaging I trash), they said they could only recycle plastic that has the 'recycle triangle arrow symbol' on it somewhere, for the rubbish sorters to look for. So it's best to check with your local council, to see if they sort their plastics (each has a number in the triangle symbol, relating to the type of plastic - if it has no symbol/number, it could be trashed if they can't sort it), or if they recycle it all together.
    Q4 - A fair enough response.
    Q5 - I think it's good that we have some exposure to TakaraTomy product, no matter how limited it is. One or two per year is still better than nothing. But it could mean missing out on more US Hasbro exclusives, as stores here would be taking up the JP stuff in their limited lineup in place of US stuff.
    Q6 - The response I'd expect in this first round. Maybe after a few submissions, and good behaviour from us, they might start sneaking in more info as a reward.
    Q7 - A bit disappointing to hear it being pushed back, as I was getting my hopes up from Toyfair that we'd have an online store in AUS within a year. Not sure if the 'great Corporate roll-out' is good or bad thing for the foreign branches (could mean downsizing, which would affect our relation with them).
    Q8 - I'll follow this up with a question about how Mr Toys Toworld got in 200 units of ALT Rodimus, and if they have a contact for us to organise other figures of similar quantity. Because if it just depends on a retailer taking on the burden, as Hasbro has said here, we can guarantee that minimum number just through this forum and ebay, and the retailer can still sell off a portion if they wanted, without the risk of being stuck with a large quantity on their own.
    Q9 - No surprise here. Just means we are stuck with the high fees and postage costs of the official club, the lengthy delays in shipping, and subsidising the Americans who go to BotCon at a discounted rate (not many foreigners go to BotCon, to get that discounted rate, but pay the same membership fee to cover it).
    Q10 - After remembering that Hasbro Toys are sent to countries of other languages, and the TakaraTomy toys are primarily meant for the JP market, it makes sense that the Hasbro paperwork and instructions need to limit the amount of wording on them.
    Q11 - I'd highly doubt they ever will, as Hasbro is very protective of their properties, to make sure they are done to their standards. Even if Lego is said to be of a higher standard in the toy industry, I think Hasbro likes to keep things in-house. And I've heard that Hasbro's licensing fees are quite high, so it would be up to Lego to determine if it is worth the cost of it. I wouldn't care though, as Lego distorts the franchises it does, to the point that it isn't realistic enough for me to want to buy it.
    Q12 - I really can't see Robot Points ever returning. It's just redundant if you can just be asked to send in the barcode or receipt as proof of purchase. As for a mail-away concept, depending on how much time and effort it takes for someone at Hasbro to process and ship out the items, it might not be something considered profitable enough to invest their time into.
    Q13 - Still surprised that they are general release, and the price isn't so bad, considering the fancy packaging, and the way we get toys priced by size or its packaging.
    Q14 - Good to have the advance notice.
    Q15 - Fingers crossed.
    Q16 - Oops, touched a nerve with that one...
    Q17 - I think their willingness to find out more and get back to us later shows that they aren't just brushing us off with quick answers to our questions. This looks very optimistic.
    Q18 - Was hoping more insight with this. It's hard to tell if the answer is from the designers who made the decisions, or just someone else guessing the obvious.
    Q19 - Good news on the Ratchet and Lockdown recolours, but pity about the movie scene packs, as they will be expensive to buy and post to AUS.
    The Voyager Sunstorm would be the first anyone's heard of it, if it does end up being true. Remember, it is 'to be confirmed' and may even be a mix up with Voyager Skywarp (because the other Voyager mentioned is a regular release at about the time of Skywarp).
    Q20 - At least we haven't lost any more, but they've all been pushed back (maybe the factory closures in China delaying production perhaps?)

All in all, a very good response from Hasbro. I really do thank them for it, and appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Q3 - I'd think most mass-produced plastic products would be recyclable, but when I asked our local council a few years back (because of all the plastic packaging I trash), they said they could only recycle plastic that has the 'recycle triangle arrow symbol' on it somewhere, for the rubbish sorters to look for. So it's best to check with your local council, to see if they sort their plastics (each has a number in the triangle symbol, relating to the type of plastic - if it has no symbol/number, it could be trashed if they can't sort it), or if they recycle it all together.
    One of the last places I lived at, the council info on recycling not only said that any plastic had to have the triangle, but furthermore, the triangle had to have a 2 or 3 in it.

The process of separating recyclables is quite intense and costly, so anyone blindly throwing anything they might think is recyclable could be causing more harm than good.