2 11.76%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Scourge

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I have zero interest in TR Astrotrain. Noone's even bothered to make a review thread!?
    I was going to. He's actually pretty nifty.

I have zero interest in TR Astrotrain. Noone's even bothered to make a review thread!
    I did a pictorial review on my instagram

Finally got around to spending some quality time with my Legends version of Scourge. I will admit that I was pretty unimpressed when I pulled him out of the packet, but the more I played with him the more I liked him. The leg flaps on the bottom of the spaceboat don't bother me that much as they have sculpted laser looking things, but it does annoy me a little that the just flaot there and are unsecured.

Transformation was a tad plain as well. Scourge will always suffer from that unless he is wingless in robot mode. IN which case he'd have to be another Scourge.

I really like his head. Both in robot mode and head mode. #1 is nicely painted as Scourge's noggin, and is mucho sexy. That facial hair is glorious. PLus his little robot mode, being all blue and white makes a nice counter to Blurr as a headmaster. It's just a shame that #1's helmet has a little bit of damage on his head as the connection must have been a bit too tight first time.
    More pics here and info here. Plus a scan of the comic.

Good to see that AI's new costume is keeping the spirit of KISS Play alive.

Good to see that AI's new costume is keeping the spirit of KISS Play alive.
    Is anyone else creeped out that a young (and I mean REALLY underage!) girl is modelling lingerie? I was hoping the Kiss Play days were over.... Unless it's a cultural thing that doesn't translate well?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

It seems the boys in blue of wave 1 are the surprises...

Again, wasn't super keen for this guy, but I'm actually really liking him!

Great space-boat mode thing, very 'swoosh-able' which is always fun, and actually looks pretty good!

Robot mode is also nice, I like the idea of the cape and think it breaks up the blue a bit more than on Blur.

Mine has the super floppy head (turning the TM only makes it worse lol) and wrists, but the rest of him is fine.

Small gun is too small, but big gun looks too empty, so combining them and turning the small gun backwards to fill the gap is my solution, though I do like fiddling with the combinations.

Happy with this one!

Added some colours to my Scourge, and some clear fingernail polish in the headmaster socket to get rid of the bobble head effect.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Added.....some clear fingernail polish in the headmaster socket to get rid of the bobble head effect.
    I need to try this!

I quite like him. It's a shame that the bobble-head-ness and loose wrists seem to be common problems. Both are tolorence/mold accuracy issues and should've been fixed by better decisions, if the Vietnamese factories are still getting their manufacturing up to standards. The neck socket could've been placed deeper in the body like most other TR figures to prevent the clip from flexing too much. And the wrists should really lock in place. You can tell this was done by a relatively inexperienced designer under a tight release schedule.

On the plus side. Both modes look great imo. Bot mode could definitely use more paint but that's just cheap'o Hasblow. It'd be cool that the finger nails were painted red like his Generations version. But the light blue cape breaks up the deeper blue really nicely.

The 5mm hole on top of the canopy has one side square out, indicating it is specifically designed to be able to fit the head. Pretty awesome.

Got him for $20 at the current Myer sale. At this price I think he's good value

The only other Scourge I own is the Generations one. So it's a good thing I have one now with an alt. mode reminiscent of the 80's movie and which makes me appreciate TR Astrotrain's shuttle mode even more.

As for the robot mode, I was at first apprehensive about his blue "onesie" look but it's grown on me and I look forward to having Terri-Bull as the headmaster to match up with him.