View Poll Results: What do you think of RID?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastic - will watch over and over

1 6.67%
  • Good - better than expected

6 40.00%
  • Ok - not great but not bad

3 20.00%
  • Disappointing - could be better

3 20.00%
  • Rubbish - not worth watching

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 13.33%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Cartoon review - Robots in Disguise (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    and the worst of all Springload.
    YOU ARE NOT WOOOORRRRRTHEEE!!

I do agree that most of these Decepticons are rather forgettable. I still want toys of 'em though! I can at least try to make them interesting characters in my toy play then.

Still only seen the first half of the first season. Haven't been impressed but this morning it was on free to air TV and Orion - who I could never get to watch Rescue Bots - was quite enamoured with Underbite and Grimlock so that earns the cartoon a few more points in my book

Well I was never able to download the second half of the first season so my son and I have finished watching it on free-to-air TV in the mornings.

I will say I've been fairly negative about this new cartoon but the second half of S1 has been more impressive than the first half. The characters are starting to seem a little more fleshed out, they've had some better enemies rather than just really dopey stupid ones and the ongoing storyline with one of the original 13 wrapped up nicely and I hope will return.

Still not completely sold on this series, but I'm glad to see it improving

I've seen bits and pieces of the first season but my son loves it and has watched all of the episodes multiple times - he's 5 yrs old. The funny thing is he knows more about RiD than I do and has quite a few of the toys. You could say he's a bit obsessed. Of course, my wife blames me for this.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

New cons in the latest ep

Sabrehorn the rhino beetle
    Blowstrike (?) new female con
    Scorponok

Return of Kickback and Steeljaw

Easter egg a yellow Airachnid

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post

Scorponok

That's awkward
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post

Scorponok

Her name is actually Glowstrike
    The there were also a pair of odd coloured Vehicons in the same scene as yellow Airachnid

Well I've finished watching the first 6 episodes of Season 2. While still not my favorite cartoon (and certainly not my favorite toyline) I will say that the show continues to improve. Having Optimus heading a stealth strike-force gives the show a bit more range and having the permanent Autobot cast expanded from 5 to 10 works well. Would be nice if Jazz came back to make it 11.

The Cons they fight are still for the most part a bit too stupid for my liking, but the former actor within me did quite like the persona they gave Overload. I've got the toy and to be honest I thought he was just gonna be another big angry bruiser. And the fact there is a whole new crashed ship full of Cons means that with the expanded Bot roster we might see some actual battles down the line instead of just fights.

In fact I think I've just pinpointed my problem with smaller casts such as that in BW, BM, Animated, TFPrime etc. With smaller casts you never have huge pitched battles like we saw in G1 and the Unicron Wars trilogy. You just have rumbles.

I like having a smaller cast of robots. Allows for more character development. Beast Wars/Machines and first season of Prime did this well for me. The Unicron triology was fun for its galactic battles, but every bot was just another bot for the fray.

So far, its just a new 'con each episode, we get a bit of character before they're thrown away and not seen from again. And that's just it. I'm fine with them throwing around new 'cons with new names, but a whole episode to hunt and track them down when they're not going to be seen again? They can do that if they promise like 52 episodes of this thing.

Like we've seen Steeljaw like twice in six episodes, and for only a minute tops? Aren't they planning something? I enjoy seeing the 'cons talk among themselves and interact, like when Steeljaw introduced Clampdown to the pack. And that was it really.

Ah well, we still have half a season to pick up. I expect to see more Sabrehorn, Scorponok, Glowstrike, Overload, and most importantly, the devilish and scheming Steeljaw.

It's a very Autobot-centric series to me. Fun, but needs more evilness.

Quote Originally Posted by Polursine View Post
    The Unicron triology was fun for its galactic battles, but every bot was just another bot for the fray.
    That is quite true - if you rewatch Energon 90% of the Autobots seem to have the same personality.

Guess thats why G1 still stands out to this day. Enough of a roster you could have battles instead of fights, but each character was an individual and fleshed out (as much as could be expected back then and mainly in the first few seasons)