View Poll Results: Are you gonna buy him?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Yes I am/did

12 66.67%
  • I'll wait for a sale

2 11.11%
  • Computron's a wimp!!!

0 0%
  • I'm picking up the Unite Warriors version

4 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Combiner Wars Computron

Default Toy Review - Combiner Wars Computron

I'll add details later but find it hard to believe there isn't a review thread yet.

I give this toy a hearty thumbs up. Of the other CW combiners I have this is easily head and shoulders above the rest as far as quality and finish.

I was going to wait for a sale to pick this guy up but my son (with wifey's help) surprised me with him on Father's Day. Yay me!!

Last edited by Trent; 22nd October 2016 at 01:35 PM.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The quality control on my Hasbro Computron is really disappointing. While some parts have tight ratcheting joints, the chest section won't stay together and I've resorted to rubber bands to hold him together. By comparison my Unite Warriors stays together fine and locks in place.

While the feet are AWESOME and better that the Takara version his thighs won't stay together and keeps doing the splits.

Maybe it's not fair to compare Hasbro quality with Japanese, or maybe I'm just unlucky with a bad one that escaped QC, but it feels cheap and nasty, and the slightest bump to the table he falls. Not going to trust him with a shelf, as he might not survive a shelf-dive.

Truth be told, I mainly bought him for Scrounge and the nice new feet and hands. I might cannabilise him for those, pack him back into the box and write it off as a bad decision. I couldn't in good conscience try to offload it to some unsuspecting collector....but I'd be curious to know if anyone else has had similar problems.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Mine should arrive Monday so I'll check and let you know

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    The quality control on my Hasbro Computron is really disappointing. While some parts have tight ratcheting joints, the chest section won't stay together and I've resorted to rubber bands to hold him together. By comparison my Unite Warriors stays together fine and locks in place.

While the feet are AWESOME and better that the Takara version his thighs won't stay together and keeps doing the splits.

Maybe it's not fair to compare Hasbro quality with Japanese, or maybe I'm just unlucky with a bad one that escaped QC, but it feels cheap and nasty, and the slightest bump to the table he falls. Not going to trust him with a shelf, as he might not survive a shelf-dive.

Truth be told, I mainly bought him for Scrounge and the nice new feet and hands. I might cannabilise him for those, pack him back into the box and write it off as a bad decision. I couldn't in good conscience try to offload it to some unsuspecting collector....but I'd be curious to know if anyone else has had similar problems.
    I must have lucked out... I have 0 issues will my version. I even let my kids play with it and its perfect. I am super happy with it.

The feet and fists are awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    The quality control on my Hasbro Computron is really disappointing. While some parts have tight ratcheting joints, the chest section won't stay together
    Ive had that problem too

I didn't even bother to notice as I straight away put my PC-11 on it. Looks a helluva lot better.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Comparison pics with Unite Warriors Computicon

Boxen

Scattershot, vehicle mode

Scattershot, robot mode

Afterburner, vehicle mode

Afterburner, robot mode

Strafe, vehicle mode

Strafe, robot mode

Nosecone, vehicle mode

Nosecone, robot mode

Lightsteed, vehicle mode

Lightsteed, robot mode

Computron
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 8th October 2016 at 06:58 PM.

Oh god I want them both!! I don't own either set as yet but I adore the look of Hasbro's Strafe and Afterburner! Clever how they put the black cockpit on Strafe where the rub-sign was on the original G1 toy. If I could swap Scattershots between the 2 sets I'd buy the Hasbro set in a heartbeat - Much prefer the limbs on the Hasbro set but the unique Computron head + extra molded detail scrapes the Takara set over the edge for me. Just hope Hasbro releases the Technobot limbs individually at some point.

Megatran Guest

Hasbro CW Nosecone looks a little inadequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Hasbro CW Nosecone looks a little inadequate.
    Just about any CW limb will look inadequate when compared to one of the best, the Rook mold. Doesn't help all the problems with the Brawl mold.