Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP Optimus pics & compared to JP version

Default Hasbro MP Optimus pics & compared to JP version

Last edited by griffin; 24th July 2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: hotlinking images forbidden

Thanks for sharing those comparison pics. The Hasbro version doesn't look as bad as I'd thought when put side by side -- it is certainly more cartoony looking, but I believe that was the intention. I prefer the TakaraTOMY colours, but at approx. half the price of TakTOM's RRP, I'll settle for Hasbro's when it comes out. The trailer also looks pretty good when closed up, but the Hasbro grey is abundantly obvious when open -- but that doesn't bother me too much as my trailer will be closed most of the time. The blue Roller is a nice touch - I like how Hasbro did that. I also like how Hasbro's added some paint apps on Spike's face, but I don't like the silver paint on where the sleeves are rolled up... what's with that??

As for being made in Vietnam -- we all new this was coming as HasTak announced ages ago that they would be moving production from China to Vietnam due to increasing labour costs in China. So that comes as no surprise. I just hope that the use of Vietnamese labour won't see a compromise in quality... I wonder if Hasbro will reduce their retail prices now that they're using cheaper labour. "Ha ha ha, don't be silly, Gok!" - oh... right.

^so which is the JP release and which is the Western release?

The Hasbro one has blue roller, and bright/cartoon blue trailer parts and robot parts.
    JP version has grey roller, and dark blue trailer parts and robot parts.

This is the Hasbro version from BotCon.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

The link's not working for me

It was working earlier, but the domain is timing out, probably due to a spike in demand at the moment. Keep refreshing, as it worked a second time for me just now.

Doesn't look half bad. I am interested in picking one up.

i'll pick one up , if it has long smoke stacks once it arrives here.. if not i'm gonna pass and import mp10 the short stacks on my hasbro mp01 drive me nuts

Does it come with some stickers for the inside of the trailer? It looks awfully plain.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I'm sure Reprolabels will come out with something later if it doesn't. I was going to buy this version anyway due to the price difference, I prefer the cartoon colours and the qulaity looks good so it's a winner for me