Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get MP Megatron shipped to Oz?

I never saw the point of the legends (?) G1 Megatron having the orange cap. Were they worried oompa loompa's were going to go on a crime spree?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Honestly, I'm half expecting that if we do get a new Megs it'll be G2-styled Tank altmode.
    Yeah, after how MP-5 turned out I doubt it will be a "replica" gun again. It compromised the robot modes sturdiness. I keep my MP-5 MIB cause it is kinda fragile.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'd quite like a revised P-38 Megatron, provided they can get the robot mode proportioned properly and make it more robust. A tank Megatron could be good too if they can get the robot mode fairly close-ish to the G1 look. A white 'snow camo' tank would look pretty cool, although I wouldn't say no to a green and purple scheme either.

I think it might be hard to justify a tank Megatron as part of the masterpiece line which has so far been heavily focused on G1 cartoon appearances and aesthetics. No doubt they would upset a lot of people, though most would still buy the toy anyway.

My feeling is that it'll be a gun Megatron or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriorne View Post
    A tank Megatron could be good too if they can get the robot mode fairly close-ish to the G1 look.
    The art for the Transformers Legends game made a great job of imaginging a tank Megatron that transformed into a G1 looking robot. I'd buy a toy of Megatron that looked like that.

Yeah, that would be good, especially if it moved around so you could still make somewhat of a gun mode as well as the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The art for the Transformers Legends game made a great job of imaginging a tank Megatron that transformed into a G1 looking robot. I'd buy a toy of Megatron that looked like that.

Yeah this just what we need. Looks just right in Bot mode and its easy to import.

Easier to draw than engineer though. You're talking about having Megatron transform into a tank, but have Walther P38 kibble in robot mode. :/

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Easier to draw than engineer though. You're talking about having Megatron transform into a tank, but have Walther P38 kibble in robot mode. :/
    Yeah basically. The kibble could become some good tank parts though.
    As long as it could form some sort of basic gun mode in addition to a tank mode, I'd be happy.

excuse me whilst i necro this thread, but if i'm not mistaken masterpiece megatron is defined as a replica firearm yes?
    then how is he illegal in qld if this is accurate?
    http://www.police.qld.gov.au/program...s/replicas.htm

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    excuse me whilst i necro this thread, but if i'm not mistaken masterpiece megatron is defined as a replica firearm yes?
    then how is he illegal in qld if this is accurate?
    http://www.police.qld.gov.au/program...s/replicas.htm
    Why don't you post it to the police? As anything anyone says here is not valid as in the end is up to them to make a call whether you can import it.