Thread: Identifying MP 12,14,17,18,19,20 and their KO's

Default Identifying MP 12,14,17,18,19,20 and their KO's

So I've managed to nab MP 17-20 and am now looking at picking up Sideswipe and Red Alert however I have no idea how to identify the authentics from the knockoffs that are all over the web for these figures.

Whilst most of the listings specify KO's, can you guys give me some tips on picking fake ones from legit? E.g. are the boxes identical? the cars out of the box when pictured identical etc.

I believe your best bet will be buying from reputable online stores or even from this forum...

as for MP Red Alert - there is a reissue of this, hence it should be fairly easy to find - no difference in the toy or box - just a straight up reissue (i think)

as for MP Sideswipe - i think the KO difference is the head lamp and also the font of the words (Transformers) - do a quick search on google - i believe there will be articles on this...

hope this helps... google might be your best friend for now till someone from here can shed more light...

here the thread for KO and what to look out for

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    So I've managed to nab MP 17-20 and am now looking at picking up Sideswipe and Red Alert however I have no idea how to identify the authentics from the knockoffs that are all over the web for these figures.

Whilst most of the listings specify KO's, can you guys give me some tips on picking fake ones from legit? E.g. are the boxes identical? the cars out of the box when pictured identical etc.
    Lambor logo is not clear, the headlights are missing black lines, the countech is spelt wrong, the head is different.

The box is glossy on ko while tt is matt.