Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Star Of Age Of Exinction Wants His Criminal Record Erased.

Default The Star Of Age Of Exinction Wants His Criminal Record Erased.

On April the 8th, 1988, as a sixteen year-old, Mark Wahlberg beat two men, calling them a "Vietnam f@(*ing S#!*" and "slant-eye g@&*". Wahlberg beat the first man - Thanh Lam - with a large wooden stick until Lam was unconscious, then stole the man's beer. Later that evening, Wahlberg told thepolice, "You don't have to let him identify me, I'll tell you now that's the motherf@(*er whose head I split open." He permanently blinded the second man - Hoa Trinh - in one eye. Marky Mark received 45 days in gaol. Wahlberg wants his criminal record cleared, as it is preventing him from getting his concessionaire's licence, which is getting in the way of him being a restaurateur. He has never apologised to either of his victims, but has "really started to feel that guilt go away. So I don't have a problem going to sleep at night. I feel good when I wake up in the morning."

Wahlberg is now a multimillionaire, married to a Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle and Victoria's Secret model. Trinh still has only one eye.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-person.html

I knew about the drugs and stuff when he was young, but that's a side of him that I didn't know about, and is disappointing to hear. (just like on those airport customs shows that reject people with serious criminal records, this is a good lesson for teens about how drugs and excessive alcohol can ruin your entire adult life before it has even started)
    I couldn't see where it says he hasn't tried to make amends with the victims or compensate them with his massive wealth (he owns one of the top 10 most expensive homes in LA), but if it's true, is he really redeeming himself, or worthy of a pardon.
    If he has made amends to the victims and is adequately compensating them to their satisfaction, I think the victims should have a say in the pardon if he has proven himself to be of a flawless and charitable nature in the 26 years since it happened.

Conversely, if he is only seeking a pardon so that he can more easily make money (as if he doesn't have enough already), then have his wife be the business/brand/trademark owner. Other Businesses will still be having the Wahlberg brand/name/association, and his family-estate still makes the same money from the deals anyway. Using that as an excuse to get the pardon would be poor form, as the criminal record doesn't appear to prevent him from doing anything else (including travelling, to promote or star in movies shot outside of America).

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Marky Mark received 45 days in gaol.
    Gaol? WTF is that?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Gaol? WTF is that?
    Correct is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    Correct is what it is
    Wow, google says it's a way of spelling Jail from the 18th century. Get with the times people. It's jail.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I do hope he compensated the poor chap who lost his eye.
    That punch was uncalled for when that guy actually helped him.
    The unfortunate reality is that consequences stick around for a long time for all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Wow, google says it's a way of spelling Jail from the 18th century. Get with the times people. It's jail.
    What? I thought Australia was the only country still in the 18th century!!??!?!!

Yeah saw this on Facebook. It's frustrating, you feel that he's learned nothing from it at all. If he wanted to "inspire people" he wouldn't be asking for a pardon, he just wants to feel good about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Marky Mark received 45 days in gaol.

While the story you have given us is shocking and totally unacceptable, the quoted part is what he was sentenced to and served. Don't blame him, this is the system they have, as we have seen in recent times with the US police against African Americans it is seriously flawed.

I, in no way support this completely vulgar act and what as per US laws is a hate crime, but by the law, which so many of us (especially the mods) go by on this forum, he has served his punishment. So we move on................sadly, but we do.

Sorry, to clarify, all I am saying is that the rules aren't always black and white. First they worked in Marks favour, now they aren't.