Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on the recent Generations toys?

If you're specifically looking for the girl Transformers then also consider looking at the Takara Tomy LG figures (although obviously they'll probably be a little more expensive than the Hasbro ones) - they are better looking than the Hasbro Generations figures according to my 11 year old Transformer collecting daughter (and I agree with her) and you can also get Nightbird, Slipstream and Black Arachnia to increase the girl-count.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Same answer as before - a mixed bag (but usually decent), and I advise checking out the reviews for individual pieces you're interested in.

I like all the ones I have, and they do seem to be more 'play-friendly' than earlier Classics-y figures, though less so than the Combiner Wars. I find Skids a little limited, and I wouldn't entirely recommend Rhinox for play, but they're all workable and the Legends class figures are surprisingly enjoyable. The upcoming Titan Wars series looks pretty play-friendly as well.
    If you're looking for Classics-esque older figures, my recommendations include: Deluxe-class Cyclonus, Deluxe-class Thunderwing and/or Sky Shadow, Generations/War for Cybertron Soundwave (and indeed a lot of the WfC-based standalone figures), any of the Classics Seeker mold (Starscream is probably the easiest/cheapest to find), and a surprising amount of the non-screen characters from the Hunt for the Deceptions line.
    Yeah I like the look of the Titans return line but I'm just a bit wary of the kids losing the heads. I will check out the other suggestions as well. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    If you're specifically looking for the girl Transformers then also consider looking at the Takara Tomy LG figures (although obviously they'll probably be a little more expensive than the Hasbro ones) - they are better looking than the Hasbro Generations figures according to my 11 year old Transformer collecting daughter (and I agree with her) and you can also get Nightbird, Slipstream and Black Arachnia to increase the girl-count.
    Yeah, I will definitely need to get these ones I think. Gives me an even number as well, 3 each