View Poll Results: Which is your favourite Autobot Mini Vehicle?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beachcomber

6 13.95%
  • Brawn

3 6.98%
  • Bumblebee

3 6.98%
  • Cliffjumper / Hubcap

3 6.98%
  • Cosmos

1 2.33%
  • Gears / Swerve

1 2.33%
  • Huffer

1 2.33%
  • Outback

1 2.33%
  • Powerglide

3 6.98%
  • Pipes

4 9.30%
  • Seaspray

8 18.60%
  • Tailgate

0 0%
  • Warpath

6 13.95%
  • Wheelie

0 0%
  • Windcharger

3 6.98%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is your favourite Autobot Mini Car?

Never met someone who never had any Minibots before! Being smaller and cheaper figures, most of us probably collected more of them with the boxed figures possibly being a rarer treat. A typical Autobot Car was about $20 which by today's standards would be around the price of a Voyager Class figure. A Minibot would be roughly the equivalent of a Legends Class figure today. I think for most folks, carded figures were easier to collect because they were cheap enough for mum or dad to just buy you one on impulse, whereas boxed toys were often things that you had to ask for and wait in advance (e.g. birthdays, Xmases etc.). And even if my parents had been the kind to buy me boxed toys on impulse, I probably would've wanted to collect the Mini-Bots anyway because I still liked them as toys (and as characters). Similar to how I will still collect smaller/cheaper Legends Class figures as well as Deluxes, Voyagers etc.

Megatran Guest

I never owned any minibots as a kid either. Priority back in the day:
    1. Food on table
    2. Roof over our heads
    99999. Toys of any kind.

Yeah we were dirt poor. How times changed ... for the better.

As I said, I didn't have any minibots until I bought the G2 ones I mentioned with pocket money in my early teens.

we never got toys except for Christmas and Birthdays so I guess that explains why I had quite a few of the main car line and none of the smaller ones.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

As a kid I tended to be most into Combiners, Autobot cars and Season 3 figures. My parents didn't tend to buy me toys when we went to do groceries etc but I was well looked after at Christmas and birthdays, hence why I was able to get the more substantial figures.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Never met someone who never had any Minibots before!
    Plus we have members here who are young enough that Minibots were off the shelves before they were born! We are so old.

My childhood collection definitely had more of the lower price point toys compared to the big guys.

In addition to Beachcomber my earlier Minibots (Cosmos, Seaspray Warpath, Powerglide, Gears, Bumblebee) are all toys I have great affection for but strangely I don't have the same feeling for '86 toys (Swerve, Pipes, Wheelie, Tailgate).

powerglide for me, he wasn't the first I owned in minibots category but he sure was one I sought after back in Phils... cost me a lot to get him loose... then they reissued, lol
    I gues coz his transformation isn't as simple as the rest of the minibots who are basically like gobots easy... okay he was easy level as well, but a tad bit more different than the rest...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I never owned any minibots as a kid either. Priority back in the day:
    1. Food on table
    2. Roof over our heads
    99999. Toys of any kind.

Yeah we were dirt poor. How times changed ... for the better.
    I can relate to that... for the longest time my first TF was given to me by my aunts from Aus...she went home for Xmas of 85, so it was my late Bday gift / Xmas gift...my mum bought me Microx ( diaclone Reflector) for a Bday present.... it was a choice between him and one of the cassettrons.. naturally I got Microx - it's 3 figures in one box... lol as for minibots.... always looked at them but never bought one til I was older and was in college, saved up from my meagre allowance, lol... meanwhile I made my own papercraft TFs which is why I guess why my old original TFs were spared from damage , lol....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]