Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Bumblebee Movie trailer this week

When criticising this film's visual effects, I think that people need to bear in mind that this film was made with about HALF the budget that Michael Bay had with each of his Transformers films. And I personally prefer a good story with maybe not as fancy visual effects over a visual spectacle with a bad story.

e.g. Star Wars Original Trilogy

Umm didn’t he get his voice back at the end of the first movie?.. “I wish to stay with the boy”...

Anyone who genuinely complains about consistency in the Bayverse at this point hasn’t been paying attention to, or gotten what these movies are all about. These have always been tackled as individual pop songs with little connection to eachother whatsoever, just enjoy the ride (if you can) and don’t think too much.

Having said that, I think this one looks the best so far
    Last edited by Meister; 30th September 2018 at 04:25 PM.
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

I wonder if any attempt was made to give Bumblebee a voice/dialogue but it just never worked out for them. Love it or hate it, the voice clips were an easy way to portray his personality and dialogue. To move onto a proper script was probably too hard. Like Griff said, lazy writing.

Default Bumblebee Trailer #3

Latest Trailer is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2l175MOzVQ

Oh, and a spoiler I predicted ages ago in the Transformers Cyberverse thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Bumblebee has amnesia in this series, one has to wonder if that means he is going to have amnesia in the upcoming movie as well.
    Told. Ya. So.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 5th October 2018 at 06:37 AM.

Looks like it could be the one that the Singapore distributor posted up last week, just without the subtitles getting in the way.
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...52&postcount=9

Whoops! Sorry! Please delete this thread then

I will merge it with the other topic as this is a much better "clean" version of the trailer... without the unnecessary words in the way.
    Last edited by griffin; 5th October 2018 at 04:56 PM.

Not sure why Bumblebee's HUD text is in English...
    I would've preferred it to be in Cybertronian with English subtitles, or even in Cybertronian glyphs that "transforms" into English like what we saw in the 2007 movie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxPB6BNPf5Q

I'm wondering if Dropkick and Shatter were originally going to be Drift and Windblade respectively in the previous series?

Think about it, both these characters were 'new G1' characters introduced in the IDW comics along with getting Generations toys. Then:

*TF4. Drift was blue and turned into a helicopter and a sports car, but we never saw him change from one to the other and never got a triple-changer toy.
    -Dropkick is blue and turns into a helicopter into a sports car

*Windblade is a red femmebot that turns into a VTOL jet
    -Shatter is a red femmebot that turns into a VTOL jet and a sportscar

So wondering if these were designs from a movie or two ago that never got used and so are getting their outing now. Just a suspicion from the myriad of coincidences.