Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinning things out

There was a time when i bulked up on anything and every transformer i could find but over the last or two I've been thinning focusing on only a few lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilm101 View Post
    There was a time when i bulked up on anything and every transformer i could find but over the last or two I've been thinning focusing on only a few lines.
    Heh, I went through that phase in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Lots of us are in similar situations. There are a lot of threads of people doing the exact same thing. The problem is that I think that has caused a bit of a glut. More sellers than buyers.

So true. There are a variety of factors at work, but i think that one of the biggest ones is that the majority of our members already have most of the mainstream toys, which makes it increasingly difficult to sell. it's not like the prices are astronomical either, on the contrary, some are way below what you'd find elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Most of my stuff is bagged up individually and pretty much ready to sell once I get it from storage. This year the GF and I are moving to a new place and I'm planning to thin out a decent portion of the (TF and non-TF) collection as we look towards the future.
    A very positive move for the new year. I'd really like to do some blood letting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilm101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Heh, I went through that phase in 2004.
    2009 or 2010 for me. My saddest acquisition was THS-02 Hybrid Convoy from eBay. I didn't open it until a year or two later only to find one of the hinges under his grill was slightly warped - just enough for it to keep falling off. Pretty sure the seller didn't mention it. My 2nd negative experience out of 300+ good purchases from eBay. Most likely pay this forward when I get around to digging it out again.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!