View Poll Results: Which heads would you like to see for MP Ratchet & Ironhide?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thin helmets for both

6 14.29%
  • Thick helmets for both

9 21.43%
  • Thin for Ratchet, thick for Ironhide

21 50.00%
  • Thick for Ratchet, thin for Ironhide

1 2.38%
  • Other (please specify)

5 11.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which heads would you like to see for MP Ratchet & Ironhide?

Default Which heads would you like to see for MP Ratchet & Ironhide?

Hypothetical question: If Takara TOMY were to produce Masterpiece Ratchet & Ironhide, which head would you like to see them create for which toy? The G1 cartoon had two different head types for both characters; one with a "thin" helmet, and another with a "thick" helmet.

I'd personally like to see Ratchet made with the "thin" helmet and Ironhide with a "thick" helmet type. It would help to make Ratchet and Ironhide look more distinct from each other (akin to what was done for the MP Nissans), and the "thick" helmet style looks more suitable to a fighter type like Ironhide IMHO.

I too like the more rounded head for Ratchet. The thick one suits Ironhide more IMO. Honestly, I always thought they were that way until you pointed it out.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Yep, same as you guys

They could do what I Gear did and give you 2 heads so you can pick and chose

I think the thicker helm gives a more 'mature'/'seasoned' look.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    They could do what I Gear did and give you 2 heads so you can pick and chose
    Or alternatively something similar to what they're doing w/ MP Bumblebee and have switchable helmets. Although I'd rather see resources focused towards other gimmicks & accessories for each toy.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    I think the thicker helm gives a more 'mature'/'seasoned' look.
    Another reason why I think it suits Ironhide more, who was originally portrayed as the "old timer" of the Autobots before Kup came along. Ratchet not so much though (that's more of an Animated thing).

I don't like the round 'motorbike' helmets. Thick, chunky heads please.

I would much rather see flat faces behind windscreens than any of the above.

I think the motorbike helmet look better suits Ratchet because it's reminiscent of the helmets worn by ambulance paramedics (and other search and rescue workers). The thick helmets remind me more of those worn by Ancient Greek and Roman soldiers, and thus would better suit Ironhide (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I would much rather see flat faces behind windscreens than any of the above.
    MPs seem to be more based on recreating show-likeness than G1 toy accuracy. But perhaps TakTOM could release more G1 toy-accurate variants as limited exclusives (à la G2 MP Sideswipe). It would require more significant retooling of course, including somehow relocating the shoulders further down.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    MPs seem to be more based on recreating show-likeness than G1 toy accuracy.
    Indeed, but since the question was asking which heads I would like to see, flat sticker head is my answer. And I would like the toy to have a windscreen that can move up to cover the head, à la the toy/War Within. Also, since it looks like Masterpiece Bumblebee has a removable face, I assume the other option is a toy-accurate battle-mask, which would mean they're not entirely eschewing toy faces.