Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Storage - What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Um... This is where most of my less-expensive figures currently reside...

By the way, That pic is probably 1 year old...
    Love it Pulse. I think that picy just help Thanatos solve his storage problem lol.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by To Punish & Enslave View Post
    Love it Pulse. I think that picy just help Thanatos solve his storage problem lol.
    Yeah Thanatos - don't do what I do!

You can tell I take care to stack 'em carefully to make sure they don't all fall out when I open the doors...

That cupboard fills me with sadness. Those poor TFs!

To solve Transformer rubbing problems that can't be solved simply by storing them individually in zip-lock bags I employ a technique I use to store my vintage Star Wars loose figure collection: bubble wrap.

By simply measuring the amount needed to adequately cover the length and width of the toy you can cut it to size and then tape over the loose end with masking tape. I use Tamiya hobby masking tape since it doesn't leave sticky residue as the tape gets older, and it can also be re stuck multiple times without loosing its strength.

You can then stack individual toys in boxes/containers with your mind at ease knowing that there isn't going to be any paint rub.

I store grouped weapons, planet keys and other accesories in zip lock bags (ie: Armada Autobots, Cybertron Speed Planet etc) and then have them stored away in a sealable container (I use the Energon tin that came with lollies in it from Kmart) and store them with the Instructions, art and cards in one plastic tub.

The rest of my figures that I cannot display (due to restricted display space) are stored in 52 litre plastic tubs that you can buy from Big W, Kmart, Reject Shop etc. Again I try to group series into their own tubs, and separate each layer of figures from one another with an old shirt or towel or something to try and reduce damage. I also only fill them to about an inch from the top of the tub as I have to stack the containers on top of one another.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Use bookcases and put your books into boxes (that's what I did when I was living at home ).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Use bookcases and put your books into boxes (that's what I did when I was living at home ).
    +1

i put my books in one of these

I've read on American forums that long-term storage in plastic bags eventually causes paint damage to tfs. Dunno if it's true or not. Makes me wary of going the ziplock route though. Anybody here had any problems?

These are things I don't worry about as I don't keep my TFs in storage! Of course, UV radiation and dust are my enemies now. :/ I have blinds fitted on my window which are always drawn shut whenever I'm not in there and being in a isolated room really, really helps to reduce dust!

Rampage: don't forget to recycle!

^this is where most of my Hasbro TF packaging goes.

I have eleven, which I keep on top of my bookshelf. There's just enough room for all of them in vehicle mode, so there might be more if they were in vehicle mode. But I don't want to make them more prone to falling over.

I take them off when I want to play with them, and then usually put them on my desk. They make nice ornaments.

Of the packaging, I keep the cards for deluxes and scouts, and throw away the rest. For anything bigger, I chuck the whole box out.