Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we becoming jaded or more discerning as Transformer fans?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Shouldn't be listening to anyone who mistakenly thinks it's the same makers as Dynasty Warriors, that's for sure!
    Hell yeah I played almost all the mainstream Dynesty Warriors.

Now take some of the comments about Transformers 5.
    *It's going to be all humans and cheap jokes
    *It's going to be nothing but product placements and really crap writing
    *Michael Bay is directing and the writer has done stuff like Batman and Robin. I'm not gonna go see it - it's gonna suck!

Now this is a movie that has barely begun to be written yet, yet people are making definitive statements about how it is going to be bad. They are not using words like 'probably', they are using phrases such as 'it's going to be'.

I can understand if people didn't like the last few flicks that they don't hold high hopes for the upcoming one. But bagging it out and saying that it is going to be bad two years in advance seems to be the definitive version of a jaded fan to me. I'm not looking forward to the next two years worth of seeing people bitching about a movie before it's even made. [/QUOTE]

Haha, blame it on the director who doesn't want to walk away. It will continue to bitch till someone new takes over copy that. < from here it gets either Really? Bay was better or wow this is sure a whole better than what it was.

Dont blame people, you should know better "once bitten twice shy" "second time? shame on you, third time ? Are you nuts? 4th time > lol, 5th?
    Last edited by drifand; 3rd October 2015 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    We're living in a golden age for Masterpeice toys (more releases and more styles than we'd have predicted) but quick let's complain about each toy based on silhouette/prototype/first pics months before the toy is actually available. I don't think that's discerning, I think it's somewhere between jaded and the today's culture of get-on-the-Interent-and-judge-everything.
    The current Shockwave and all the other mps have always have a Not G1 toy accurate colours and same old toon accuracy colours as well. Which was why I suggested Takara to split the entire mp line and make more bucks.

You'd have to be pretty special if you've seen all 4 of the previous movies directed by Bay, hated them and still lined up to watch number 5.
    I mean really, really special. Either that, or you're a little girl that has FOMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    You'd have to be pretty special if you've seen all 4 of the previous movies directed by Bay, hated them and still lined up to watch number 5.
    I mean really, really special. Either that, or you're a little girl that has FOMO.
    I didnt line up to watch any of them.
    I do watch them. hence never went to the cinemas specially for it.

As I said, I do watch Bay movies, good or bad.

Pretty sure I have seen a few members who has not even watch the 4th one.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I didnt line up to watch any of them.
    I do watch them. hence never went to the cinemas specially for it.

As I said, I do watch Bay movies, good or bad.

Pretty sure I have seen a few members who has not even watch the 4th one.
    Where you've seen them doesn't make you any less special.
    If you don't like getting punched in the face, don't step into the boxing ring.

Where you've seen them doesn't make you any less special.
    If you don't like getting punched in the face, don't step into the boxing ring.
    Which is why we are spectators, and not the boxers we yell at the boxer. same goes for the movie we are not in it, we watch it. You get criticised if you dont box well.
    You get criticised if your movie sucks, you also get praises as well. I don't have any issues with anyone here who praises the movie and say Bay is great, thats their opinion. This doesn't mean many cant criticise a movie that looks like going to its doom before is being made.

Nobody said anything about special. If the movie sucks and the pattern is going to be suck to be, then get ready for that. Anything new, is a surprise.

I say one thing, when Batman begins (Chris Nolan) first have their shots on the screen, I went "Not another boring Batman". I was happy to be proven wrong, it was good imo.

One thing for sure, I have not bought any movie tf toys. The fact that anyone who have seen them, they are entitled to state their opinion about how it went and what they wish to see what went wrong and what they liked. It is not new to see people criticising a movie, toy before it is even made.

Which is why we are spectators, and not the boxers we yell at the boxer. same goes for the movie we are not in it, we watch it. You get criticised if you dont box well.
    You get criticised if your movie sucks, you also get praises as well. I don't have any issues with anyone here who praises the movie and say Bay is great, thats their opinion. This doesn't mean many cant criticise a movie that looks like going to its doom before is being made.

Nobody said anything about special. If the movie sucks and the pattern is going to be suck to be, then get ready for that. Anything new, is a surprise.

I say one thing, when Batman begins (Chris Nolan) first have their shots on the screen, I went "Not another boring Batman". I was happy to be proven wrong, it was good imo.

One thing for sure, I have not bought any movie tf toys.
    We're not talking about movie toys.
    Are you all there? What part of if you've hated the first 4 movies by Bay, save everyone the time & simply don't watch the 5th are you not getting?

We're not talking about movie toys.
    Are you all there? What part of if you've hated the first 4 movies by Bay, save everyone the time & simply don't watch the 5th are you not getting?
    I don't know, why can't I say what I want about the 5th movie? What makes you so special?

What do I need to get? Who are you to tell me what I can and cannot watch or what to say about a TF movie?

"TOYS" "Movie" "Hasbro" was part of this thread discussion, Hello? You There?

I don't know, why can't I say what I want about the 5th movie? What makes you so special?

What do I need to get? Who are you to tell me what I can and cannot watch or what to say about a TF movie?

"TOYS" was part of this thread discussion, Hello? You There?
    The discussion we're currently having is about the movies, to which yourself replied to Trev's comment about, which led us here, Einstein.

And I'm not telling you what you can or can't watch, because you clearly have comprehension issues.

Let me reiterate it one last time. If you have not enjoyed Bay's last 4 movies & are making it a point to trash it before there has been a single line of script even written down, then #5 clearly isn't the movie for you.