Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 506065666768697071727374758090 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Not strictly a never-realised-about-transformers moment but I recently shepherded my TRU MP(03) Starscream from Perth to Melbourne and started to re-appreciate the effort the designer put into the underside of the Jet mode. Its well sculpted and sleek in comparison to MP-11 and especially more recent Combiner Wars stuff (lookin at you Silverbolt!).
    While I think your comparison between a Masterpiece and a retail Voyager is unfair. . .
    I completely agree with you on the Jet mode of MP-03 Starscream. It's beautiful, from pretty much any angle, something that the newer design does not achieve.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    While I think your comparison between a Masterpiece and a retail Voyager is unfair. . .
    It is unfair, especially since he's a combiner. But he looks truly terrible from the underside

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    It is unfair, especially since he's a combiner. But he looks truly terrible from the underside
    If you think about it, pretty much all transformers look awful from the underside, it's just that the cars and trucks and similar vehicles have more 'skin' to hide the ugly truth. .

the aircraft, like MP Screamer and friends, Lugnut, movie dirge and others that actually look whole in their Vehicle modes are truly marvellous feats of engineering.

Is warrior class Megatronus supposed to be a triple changer?

While at lunch my son created this to fly around the Yum Cha table...

"Hey mum, look Megatronus is a jet as well!"

Is that just his creative imagination or do you think there is something to it?
    First thing that came to mind when I saw it was a simplistic version of the jet Megatron turned into in Transformers Prime.

Not having the toy myself, I'd suggest a grade A1 imagination, poor buggers probably going to end up an engineer.

Not having the toy myself, I'd suggest a grade A1 imagination, poor buggers probably going to end up an engineer.
    Lmao! Memories!

Hahaha - LOVE EEET!
    Given he currently wants to be a pilot, I wouldn't complain about him being an engineer. Aeronautical engineers earn more AND get to fly the planes in a more relaxed manner (relatively speaking).

At the end of the day, Transformers is all about imagination, so either way (jet mode or imagination), I'm a proud mum!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Geordi LaForge is Doc Greene in Rescue Bots?!
    Yes, and Luke Skywalker is Chief Burns' brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Hahaha - LOVE EEET!
    Given he currently wants to be a pilot, I wouldn't complain about him being an engineer. Aeronautical engineers earn more AND get to fly the planes in a more relaxed manner (relatively speaking).

At the end of the day, Transformers is all about imagination, so either way (jet mode or imagination), I'm a proud mum!
    Pilot is a great career path, perhaps not as glamorous as a lot of people think but still a good one. I know a couple pilots, one even flies international for Qantas. I can tell you that if your statement above is true, Pilots don't earn much in Australia and he'd be better off working in retail. When I moved from the Aerospace sector to Mechanical, my wage increased significantly and it was only because of the market needs for mechanical over aero.