Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BotCon 2011 is back in Pasadena!

Default BotCon 2011 is back in Pasadena!

And I expect to see all of you there with me next year...

Just got out from the Hall of Fame awards dinner, and they did something never seen since the 3H era of BotCon - announce the dates and location of the next BotCon.

As from the title, the location is back at the Pasadena Convention Centre (same place as last year), during the weekend of June 2-5, 2011.

Tomorrow should have a link on the botcon site to the hotel, for reservations (always good to reserve a room, then decide on if you can go, as it doesn't cost anything to make a reservation).

http://www.botcon.com/BotCon2011/ is the link.

The date is a month before the TF3 movie release, so like last year, we might be too early to see an advance screening. But sounds like Hasbro are planning similar or better events and features as last year.

Those who went will attest that it was a real blast - and on the West Coast of America will mean cheaper, quicker travel next year.
    Last edited by griffin; 27th June 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Great news

I want to try and make it next year for my 1st ever Botcon!! But June 2-5 could be a problem, I'm not sure if this will fit in with Uni exams

Man as much as I want to go next year, I don't think I can save up enough money for the trip. Hoping the year after though.

I am tempted to go, but a lot can happen in 12 months.

I'm curious to see what the hotel's reservation cancellation policy is. If it's not too expensive to cancel I may reserve a room.

If that link above isn't the actual link, just go to the main botcon.com page and see if it lists it there (or just check this topic, as someone here is bound to mention it).

I decided to ring up the Sheraton Pasadena anyway, and found out that the rate and dates are in their system, but availability is unconfirmed as I had trouble trying to work out the exact dates available. As far as I can tell, the discount rate is available from the 30th or 31st of May (Mon or Tue), until the 6th (Monday - not sure if that includes Monday night, or checking out monday). The rate was the same as last year - US$139 per night, plus tax.

When the hotel is officially announced, I will ring them back with my confirmation number and check over the details (with someone who knows what is going on).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I am tempted to go, but a lot can happen in 12 months.

I'm curious to see what the hotel's reservation cancellation policy is. If it's not too expensive to cancel I may reserve a room.
    Cancellation shouldn't have any penalty if done (usually) within 24 hours of the first check-in night. That's why it is recommended to reserve a room while they are available, then when you decide later, you can keep or cancel the room (but always check the cancellation policy).

Information will be on their website shortly, eh? So, around December?

There should be no cancellation fee if done with 24-48 hours usually. I had no cancellation fee when I rang and cancelled my Florida room once I figured I wouldn't be able to attend this year.

Definitely going to reserve a room for next year just in case. I figure instead of trying to budget for a three-week holiday as planned this and last year, I'll only go for Botcon. And Pasadena is a great location, cheap for us Aussies. A shame the dealer room is so cramped there though.

Great news, I might go to this one.

Apparently some American fans are upset about having to travel 3-4 hours to BotCon next year...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...064/page2.html

Spoilt brats... complaining about how inconvenient it is (to have the convention in their own country) travelling such a 'great' distance...

Even next year being a 'close' location, fans here have to travel a minimum 13 hours and spend 1-2 grand getting there.

At least it's just a vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Great news, I might go to this one.
    You didn't go to the last one...