Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Siege Skytread

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Affirmative
    Woo!

That's how I'll display him.

Thanks for the answer.

Flywheels was a firm favourite toy when I was younger so this is the figure I was most keen to get as soon as it was on shelves.

Looks fantastic in robot mode and, aside from some arms under the jet, in alt modes.

One of those perfect CHUG implementations in colour and form. Definitely recommended.

I wasn't very interested in this dude, but once I had him in hand I loved him. Every mode is solid and fun.

Opened up my Skytread yesterday and couldn't get him into tank mode.
    The right knee was sticking.
    I thought the ridges were too high and tried trimming one, but no luck.
    Had a closer look and realised the pin had gone in off-centre, making the knee 2-3mm too big to rotate for transformation.
    I had received this from an interstate seller and returning it would have been too much hassle.
    I used a soldering iron to heat up the pin to pull it out. In the end I had to bend the plastic while it was warm to get the pin out.
    I reshaped the joint back into proper shape and used two small screws at either end to put the knee back into place.
    There is some warping/melting damage but luckily it's not visible in robot or tank mode.

You can see on the left how the knee is sticking out a bit.

Here's what I found

Here's what I did

Here's what I now have

Got this one recently and it got me thinking that TR Sky Shadow/Overlord must be what prompted this nifty update of Flywheels.

The cross combination compatibility with Battleslash and Roadtrap is a big bonus.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Got this one recently and it got me thinking that TR Sky Shadow/Overlord must be what prompted this nifty update of Flywheels.
    When Flywheels was rumoured I thought it would be a repaint of Overlord.

Was upset that wasn't the case when I saw Battletrap, then was pleased when we got what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Opened up my Skytread yesterday and couldn't get him into tank mode.
    The right knee was sticking. Here's what I now have
    mate, that's some proper fixing work there. Most impressive!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I do not understand how you could possibly rate this over Battletrap Gok.

Disappointing is how I would rate this. I loved G1 Flywheels as a kid. He was simple. He was 2 toys in 1. He was super tough and durable. Because of those things he went everywhere with me when I would’ve been too scared to take any others for fear of breakage. I gave it hell.

And after the little engineering marvel that was POTP Battletrap, I was hyped. Well there is no engineering marvel in this guy. I mean the jet mode had enough undercarriage that you could repaint him white and blue and call it Sky Lynx! And the tank mode is just... boring. The whole thing is just boring. The most exciting it gets is how the shins open up to become the top part of the tank and that not very exciting.

Definitely not worth the asking price. Maybe at 50% off. Maybe.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I do not understand how you could possibly rate this over Battletrap Gok.

Disappointing is how I would rate this. I loved G1 Flywheels as a kid. He was simple. He was 2 toys in 1. He was super tough and durable. Because of those things he went everywhere with me when I would’ve been too scared to take any others for fear of breakage. I gave it hell.

And after the little engineering marvel that was POTP Battletrap, I was hyped. Well there is no engineering marvel in this guy. I mean the jet mode had enough undercarriage that you could repaint him white and blue and call it Sky Lynx! And the tank mode is just... boring. The whole thing is just boring. The most exciting it gets is how the shins open up to become the top part of the tank and that not very exciting.

Definitely not worth the asking price. Maybe at 50% off. Maybe.
    This is basically how I feel.

The slightly better combined mode was not worth jettisoning the individual bot modes, especially seeing as the slightly janky looking vehicle modes were retained.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    This is basically how I feel.

The slightly better combined mode was not worth jettisoning the individual bot modes, especially seeing as the slightly janky looking vehicle modes were retained.
    I didn’t find Battletrap’s individual robot modes worthwhile at all. But I treat them as a nice throw in.

Overall for me they’re on par. Flywheels doesn’t have quite as many joints in his legs which makes him more stable. But he has less play value. I guess it depends what you prefer.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister