Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: nippon-yasan (Japan) feedback

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

New changes that asking me to pay in full for my bandai premium item.
    The item is due in Jan . Kinda early.

Lucky for me the jpy is better with Aussie dollar

First PayPal dispute raised.

I gotten my toy with wing tip broken, they asked the manufacturer bandai if they could do anything . Bandai did not give a shit and basically ny told me the same.

I raised it with PayPal as they still had stock and did not offer to exchange the part.

Well here you go, ny is not as ethical as hlj or hobbysearch.

Give and take be prepared.

They refuse to compensate so I had to resort to a claim.

I stated that they have the item in stock and have refuse to exchange or compensate.

Will be very interesting as I have a lot of items in their order.

Sorry to hear of your poor experience drifand.

You know I've been a vocal supporter of NY. I'm mostly a MISB collector but occasionally buy doubles so I can give one to my son to play with. So far I've had no issues with the one's we have opened, but it would be annoying if they weren't willing to resolve an issue like you had.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hopefully with the help of paypal you'll make them compensate you. They're great if you dont ever have an issue with them. They'll refuse to help or provide any kind of support to loyal customers should you run into a problem. Awful customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Sorry to hear of your poor experience drifand.

You know I've been a vocal supporter of NY. I'm mostly a MISB collector but occasionally buy doubles so I can give one to my son to play with. So far I've had no issues with the one's we have opened, but it would be annoying if they weren't willing to resolve an issue like you had.
    Mate ny is my main source of buying tf toys and I do like using them .

In fair go, Bandai is at fault for not wanting to replace a part. As we heard stories from goki TT would sort such incidents out.

Then again they still have the item in your inventory means you could have offer an exchange for the faulty product.

And to be real frank I wouldn't care less if they even low ball me with a store credit or low PayPal return and I just super glue the damage part. But it is shocking to know none is offered and leave you hang .

I have a chogokin hulk buster which cost $400 over with them and I have road rage MPs with them plus a pg Gundam part. So if they decide to cancel my account because PayPal decided to refund me in full as I explained that I tried reasoning and exchange. They will loose almost $600 worth of items to be refunded.

Fine I loose my rights to buy bandai exclusive items from them but I have my own Japan address so is not the end of the world.

To my knowledge this is considered poor service for a loyal customer as I have spent over 3k worth from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Hopefully with the help of paypal you'll make them compensate you. They're great if you dont ever have an issue with them. They'll refuse to help or provide any kind of support to loyal customers should you run into a problem. Awful customer service.
    I felt that they were being very unethical when they sell an item to one of our members here who paid and then got his order cancelled and then they raised the price.

To me that's very poor form, especially for a Japanese culture, that is very dishonest and selfish.

You are not wrong, they are good when nothing goes wrong. Let's see how PayPal handle this as if I loose, I am fine, I just would be avoiding them more as first choice.

I recently got Voltes V GX-31V 40th anniversary edition from them. I notice it was double taped and there is sign some one did open the box because there was a mark in the styrofoam. Luckily the toy was fine. I am not sure if it is Nippon Yasan or it is quality check by Bandai. Also they jacked up the price on the same day after I buy it. The shipping was 4700yen but postage on the box was only 3600 yen. And after hearing Drifand's experience, I would stay away from NY, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaPrime View Post
    I recently got Voltes V GX-31V 40th anniversary edition from them. I notice it was double taped and there is sign some one did open the box because there was a mark in the styrofoam. Luckily the toy was fine. I am not sure if it is Nippon Yasan or it is quality check by Bandai. Also they jacked up the price on the same day after I buy it. The shipping was 4700yen but postage on the box was only 3600 yen. And after hearing Drifand's experience, I would stay away from NY, if possible.
    I am not entirely avoiding them as they have their strengths such as pay when the dollar is right however this current experience is definitely making me Not to use them as a default choice. I used to wait for them for hot items such as Gundam and macross toys but after seeing how they like to raise prices when items are hot and lower it after the item dies down, I am more incline to seek for the same product elsewhere.

Premium collectables aside I still don't mind using amiami or hlj for the bit of paying more but I know I got my service when things go wrong. As far as I know almost all Japan online stores even for second hand items they compensate the customer when the item is not right.

Since they insisted on "the manufacturer cannot do anything so we are unable to do anything" I am taking it as they will not even bother to compensate.

I am/was looking at Tamasshi Bandai to shoot them a complaint.
    Last edited by drifand; 24th October 2015 at 09:27 AM.

No new update from NY. Is like they don't even care if I escalated the claim nor bother in resolving the issue.

In honestly Mp toys would have less issues as they are mostly not fragile plastic. I do not have any choice in ordering Tamashii web Bandai pieces. so this is what it is but I be very careful on ordering too expensive items from them as this is the level of service when something does go wrong.