Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfans-in-the-making sightings

Default Transfans-in-the-making sightings

I saw a few things this weekend that made me think how great it was that kids are still loving Transformers. Sometimes it's good to be reminded who the target audience for Transformers is.

At K-Mart yesterday a young boy (10-12) was going through the TFs explaining to his dad that if he couldn't find the Voyager he was looking for he'd get Megatron or The Fallen.

Today I saw a younger boy in Target looking at Sideways with his mum, and when he saw the cross-sell picture of Sideswipe on the bottom he got very excited and starting looking through the rest of the toys trying to find Sideswipe (clearly the kids do like him!).

Another younger boy in the full movie Bumblebee costume with mask on, was walking around the shopping centre with his mum.

Wow, that's cool. I saw a small boy walking around the shopping centre yesterday with a TF jacket on. On a few occasions I've also bumped into parents shopping for TFs for their kids and I've given them advice.

A few weeks ago I remember seeing a Kid crying in Toys r us as he could not find ' the cop car '. His mum was frantically looking and going ' would you like this one instead ? '.

I walked over to them and said " Hey Guys, I over heard your looking for Barricade, there's a heap in Big W ".
    His eyes lit up and he begged his mum to drive him over to Big W.

I hope he got his figure There was about 50 of them about an hour before I got to Toys r us lol.

Also at work lately Ive walked past numerous tables that have kids with Transformers figures.

Usually always Star Scream for some reason.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    I walked over to them and said " Hey Guys, I over heard your looking for Barricade, there's a heap in Big W ".
    His eyes lit up and he begged his mum to drive him over to Big W.
    lol - she was probably thinking... "Thanks jerkoid! Now I gotta drive my kid all this way just to get some stinkin' toy!"

I've done the same in the past as well... I always wonder what the parents think of a grown man giving this sort of "help". It's funny - The kids look at me amazed too... like, he's an adult! How does he know so much about toys!

I saw a kid playing with Legends Bumblebee at Coles a few weeks ago. He turned to his mum and said, "I love this toy". I smiled and thought - YES! Another one!

One of the guys I work with has a 7-year-old daughter who he bought the Hasbro release Masterpiece Starscream for back when it first came out at TRU. She was only 6 at the time and it instantly became her favourite toy, and it still is. She always brings it with her when she comes to stay with him but he says that isn't the extent of it. She takes it everywhere she goes. Everywhere. I love talking to her about Transformers when he brings her in to work, but seriously, she can transform Starscream from robot to jet and back in no time at all. Freaks the hell out of me.

This one isn't a child but one that surprised me a little. The girl who served me at K-Mart today was about 19 or 20-years-old, and her eyes lit up when she saw my Decepticons wallet I bought while in the US. She yelped "Oh my god! Is that a Transformers wallet!?", grabbed it off the bench and held it up to her face and squealed "That is so cool!" Then she noticed my reversible beltbuckle and I swear she nearly passed out from delight. She asked where I got them and I told her overseas when I went to Botcon, to which she replied she didn't know Transformers conventions existed but now she does she really wants to go. She also told me the day she saw RotF she had to work straight after seeing it and the first thing she did before starting her shift was buy Leader Optimus.

my wife? ive visited gok and his collection with liegeprime, my wife and i. she never really agree about me collecting tfs, but yesterday when i was looking for a rotf skids and chromia at toys r us, she said she wanted to get the optimus prime g1 series? and i said 'who for' and she said 'for me' thought she was kidding, but in fact is she really wanted it for herself and im like 'sure? why not' but then she change her mind in the last second cos she wanted to wait for a sale. lol Gok you've corrupted my wife hehehe not with babies but with transformers. i think she want to collect g1 now!

Well I'm seeing the opposite, I've made a new older fan. My mum who is 49 knew nothing about TF's but now is a real fan. She knows the main movie characters and likes TF hunting and is good to go with. When looking she might say something like This new starscream with the tats looks cooler than the first movie or you should get ravage, it's more unique than common old bumblebee. She's now considering get some TF clothes for herself from jay jays.

See, this is what pleases me about the movies - it's apparently making a connection with it's audience.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I always get parents or grandparents asking for tf buying advice when I'm looking at the tfs, such as "which one is bumblebee?" I only recently found out there's a kid at my school who loves transformers. He was reading that movie universe book. After seeing rotf and my tf collection, my friends all now want a leader class optimus prime of thier own!
    "Ding-a-ling, come out and get yo ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass-whoopin" - Skids and Mudflap

A kid at Big W the other day told his dad about the helicopter version of Bumblebee he saw on the rack. I guess to young eyes another toy that's sort of yellow and has a long name like "Blazemaster" could be misread as Bumblebee?