Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys and other 1/6 scale figures!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypaul View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VIII from?
    Depends on what you're willing to spend popculturezone has em for a pretty penny, cost me $460 aud all up for that plus delivery. I think it was still a little cheaper than ebay

It's worth looking at eBay as well, if you haven't already - you should be able to get one there for less than $500 posted.

Selling my Hot Toys Tumbler (black) if anyone is interested.
    $700
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I got one of the original city hunter preds off ebay for a good price. Still umming and ahhing about the scar though
    ~

If you've got the money/can find a good deal and you have a space for it, I say go for it. I've seen the stock photos of the new one on the Hot Toys website, and it certainly looks impressive. Have you seen/read any reviews?

As an aside, for anyone who's interested, I'm selling a 1:6 P90 on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    If you've got the money/can find a good deal and you have a space for it, I say go for it. I've seen the stock photos of the new one on the Hot Toys website, and it certainly looks impressive. Have you seen/read any reviews?

As an aside, for anyone who's interested, I'm selling a 1:6 P90 on eBay.
    Nah I heven't read any. I don't imagine it would be much different to the first release. I like the old school ones, like city hunter and the orignal pred, but theres something about the more armored look which i like too. Just a shame the two avp films were terrible.
    ~

Default Hot Toys MMS187 The Last Stand Wolverine

Video Review of the Hot Toys MMS187 The Last Stand Wolverine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hum_X...O7P6ta0oxNwf9Q

Another shinning example of Hot Toys Craftsmanship. Based on Hugh Jackmans portrayal of Wolverine in X-men: The Last Stand. A very well made 1/6 replica of the outfit from the movie, metal (sharp) claws and a cool base.

The head sculpt on the figure is fantastic, very high level of detail and paint work. A high level of contention with the sculpt is the expression, it is not very photogenic and tends to look very odd in photo and also in video. In person the sculpt looks great and with the right pose the teeth work very well. The likeness is pretty good in my opinion, though due to the expression it can appear to be off.

The articulation on the figure is great, though the suit can restrict it. With double jointed elbows and knees as well as a muscular true-type it can be put into most required poses. The suit mainly restricts the ab crunch and the head movement. The figure has fantastic range at the ankles but they also tend to be very weak so using one of the stands is advised. The figure has standard hand articulation but the glove design hinders the movement as the cuff is very long and quite often pops off when moving the wrist. It can be very annoying.

Parts count is low. Though it's seems high due to the inclusion of the sentinel head figure stand. The stand looks great and does it's job, but it isn't screen accurate and it tends to has a somewhat 'cheap' feel. It come with a pair of relaxed hand on in box and also close with a pair or fists and a pair of clawed hands. But that's it... An extra head would have been great and padded out the price a bit.

Overall its a great figure and I do recommend it weather you are a fan of the film or not.

Full Gallery Here:
    http://kalelreviews.wordpress.com/20...erine-gallery/

Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Video Review of the Hot Toys MMS187 The Last Stand Wolverine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hum_X...O7P6ta0oxNwf9Q
    cool video review man .... the face showing the teeth is abit freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    cool video review man .... the face showing the teeth is abit freaky.
    looks awesome in person
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast