Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decoys return

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172097534...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

One set left.

They are smaller then the original decoys.

To those of you with the original decoys, how have they held up over time in general and display-wise?

I'm wondering if these have a limited shelf life or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    To those of you with the original decoys, how have they held up over time in general and display-wise?

Surprisingly well (for me at least).
    I'd probably even say better than the actual toys, as I haven't seen any colour changes, cracking or brittleness on my original Decoys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post

Are the new ones the same material? I didn't think the original decoys worked as erasers. I certainly haven't tried with any of mine at least. I have a few of the Autobots at the moment and they don't look to have deteriorated at all. Just don't let them get dirty, or put in an environment/storage where they could get marks on them. Stuff like pen marks might be impossible to remove from that kind of rubber.

I have a G1 TF eraser that seems to have survived quite well loose, if that helps. The material feels more dense than the soft rubber of the decoys though.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Considering the rubber accessories on Actionmaster Rumbler went brittle and crumbled to dust some years ago, I'm surprised that the original Decoys didn't turn into little rocks by now.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Considering the rubber accessories on Actionmaster Rumbler went brittle and crumbled to dust some years ago, I'm surprised that the original Decoys didn't turn into little rocks by now.
    That's why I thought I would ask. Not all rubber is created equally.

I wonder (given the cheapening of toy materials over the years) whether these new decoys will be as robust. Fingers crossed.