Thread: IDW TF Vs GIJoe ending with issue 13

Default IDW TF Vs GIJoe ending with issue 13

IDW have announced that the often delayed comic series, Transformers Vs GIJoe, is ending at Issue 13 in June, with an extra large 48 page issue.

It was a very polarising comic series, with fans either really loving it, or really hating it, so this news will upset and relieve people.

I was one of the haters and was quite surprised and dismayed the run lasted more than 3 issues.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

It was absolutely wild. I loved it. Tom Scioli's work is so surreal and so much fun.
    I still like American Barbarian a little better, but it's really great to see an artist, whose work I enjoy so much, getting to work on a transformers book!

Good to see it's wrapping up the way he wanted it to, rather than it being canned:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scioli
    What a rare privilege in comics to begin something and to end it exactly as you envisioned. To create a universe and then torch it in the most explosive way imaginable.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I really like this series, but it's always felt as if it should've never existed. Really appreciate they took the approach they did. I'm not sure if the series was meant to end on #13 (despite comments), but to be honest I hope that it's ending is inconclusive and resolves nothing.

Also I think this series audience is literally only Tom Scioli and John Barber and that's fine.