Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Victorion team-members comic art

Hmmm I have a feeling the in-hand colours will be somewhere in between what we saw then and this processed image

That shade of green is almost prototype teal.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I'm wavering, I was a firm no but the fence is getting closer. I agree that the actual colours might be more like a halfway point between the early photos and what is presented here.

shame about the elbow joints in the combined mode
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'm wavering, I was a firm no but the fence is getting closer. I agree that the actual colours might be more like a halfway point between the early photos and what is presented here.

no mate it's retro styled CW arms. just like how the Victorion combiner was back in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I kind of agree. The green was the better of the two colours in the old bright/eye-burning colour scheme, so I would have preferred that the red was softened instead of the green. Now it looks (custom) faded.
    It looks better now that they've desaturated at least one of the colours, I guess they wanted to keep the more "powerful" and emotive red rather than wash it out to a coral.
    Although if they wanted to keep the eye-burners, I think it would look fine if they'd broken it up with blocks of white or black.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post

I didn't even notice until you pointed it out, yikes!
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I actually liked the stronger colours better
    As much as I hate saying it I agree.

I think they've washed the green out too much against the solid "red".

Will be curious to see what the in hand colour actually is.
    My daughter wants her regardless.

I wonder if Hasbro will promote her as just another combiner or try and play the girl market with a "now you can have your own girl Transformer too!"... I'm guessing they'll market to boys but it would be brave, bold and interesting if they were to test the marketing amongst girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    As much as I hate saying it I agree.

I think they've washed the green out too much against the solid "red".

Will be curious to see what the in hand colour actually is.
    My daughter wants her regardless.

I wonder if Hasbro will promote her as just another combiner or try and play the girl market with a "now you can have your own girl Transformer too!"... I'm guessing they'll market to boys but it would be brave, bold and interesting if they were to test the marketing amongst girls.
    I think I saw a Hasbro ad somewhere which had in big bold letters 'First Female Combiner Ever!' so they could possibly try specific marketing to girls with this.

I think since this is a fanbuilt combiner it just shows that the TF fans appreciate some gender-diversity with their toys

I don't like either variations of the colours we have seen, there's just too much contrast and too much use of each colour, I feel like it really needs more neutral colours to break it up. As it is now the red seems to eat up all the sculpt details.

Well they softened the teal look but but the red... I mean how much of this has been adjusted in photoshop?

I reckon they need an ink wash to bring the details out.

I don't think it was the tone of the colours that was the issue, it was more the lack of breakup between the colours that made them look so bleary. Even with all that teal toned down into a pastel, they still don't look great. They desperately need to more breakup between their parts. Look at the nightbird head chick, there's still so much unbroken blocks of red in there it's terrible.

Only reason I'd buy these toys was if I was good enough at repainting themself or able to afford someone like Cheetimus to do it for me.

Sorry to be negative.