Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Thread

Just gave my original anime DVD of Battle Angel Alita (Gunnm) away to someone who I hope enjoys it.

Do still have my unbuilt resin kit of her though.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorman View Post
    LOL - Burn Up- W was always a bit "bouncy-bouncy" .. if you get my meaning.
    Yeah the animators definitely needed some lessons in the application of gravity. Even as an excitable teenager I thought it was over the top.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Gah... wanting to watch Dragonball Super Broly but all but ONE cinema in Sydney is only showing it dubbed. And the sole cinema that shows it undubbed only has ONE session a day.

FFAAAAAAARRR OOOOWWWWTT

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Gah... wanting to watch Dragonball Super Broly but all but ONE cinema in Sydney is only showing it dubbed. And the sole cinema that shows it undubbed only has ONE session a day.

FFAAAAAAARRR OOOOWWWWTT
    Just do what I did, watch the dub in the cinema to support more anime released and then watch the Japanese audio version when it comes out on home release. Better than missing something that really deserves a cinema screening.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

FFAAAAAAARRR OOOOWWWWTT
    I should check out the screening times as i prefer subtitled...ive seen the trailer dubbed in English during the Bumblebee movie.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Just do what I did, watch the dub in the cinema to support more anime released and then watch the Japanese audio version when it comes out on home release. Better than missing something that really deserves a cinema screening.
    But... then I'd have to listen to the dub. About as pleasant as listening to nails running down a chalkboard. Or Baby Shark.

It was a pain in the sparse, but I went to the one cinema with the one session that was in Japanese. *sigh* Brought G1 Seawatch with me as the new voice actress for Bulma was also the voice actress for Boater in Transformers Victory. Although as the credits rolled I noticed that Raditz and Emperor Pilaf were voiced by Chiba Shigeru, whom I immediately recognised as the voice of Beast Wars Megatron in Japan.

Other TF voice actors in the film were...
    * Horikawa Ryou as Vegeta, who also voiced Moonradar (Countdown)
    * Houki Katsuhisa as Paragus, who also voiced Smokescreen in Transformers Micron Legend/Armada
    * Sugita Tomokazu as Lemo, who also voiced Drift in Transformers Adventure/RID
    * Morita Masakazu as Whis, who voiced Hot Shot in the Transformers Armada video game
    * Yamadera Kouichi as Beerus, who voiced Bumblebee (radio) in Transformers Lost Age (AOE)
    * Kirimoto Takuya as Beets, who voiced Col. Sharp in the 2007 movie
    * Ginga Banjou as King Vegeta, who voiced Ultra Magnus (Scramble City), Mega Zarak (The Headmasters), Black Zarak (Masterforce), Ultra Magnus (Animated) etc.
    * Watanabe Naoko as Giné, who voiced Serikawa Akira in Zone
    * Otomo Ryuuzaburou as King Cold and Shen Long, who voiced Galvatron (Lost Age/AOE)
    * Egawa Hisao as Moroko, who voiced Jackshot/Ligerjack in Galaxy Force/Cybertron, ROTF/DOTM Sideswipe & Stockade (TAV/RID)
    * Inada Tetsu as Nappa, who voiced Vogel (Prime), Budora (Go!) and Groundpounder (TAV)
    * Kusao Takeshi as Trunks, who voiced Clouder/Doubleclouder in Masterforce
    * Hisamura Eiko as Mai, who voiced Ariel, Beta and Kain (G1)
    * Genda Tessho as Shu who is Japanese Peter Cullen, yo (also voiced Omega Supreme)

Holy cow... so many TF voice actors in this film!

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    I should check out the screening times as i prefer subtitled...
    I prefer watching anime raw, but I don't realistically expect Australian cinemas to cater for that. One advantage of DVD is that I can watch it in the Japanese audio and switch the subtitles off.

And yes, if I'm watching foreign language films that's in a language I don't understand (e.g. Hindi, Korean, French etc.) then obviously I'll watch it with the subtitles on.

New show out by Rooster Teeth called Gen:Lock. Has a very Gundam feel to it with the mechanics yet action sequences look like RWBY. Seems promising.

<sarcasm> "That's not annie-maaay!" </sarcasm>

Not sure if this counts as anime, as it's French/Korean animation, but I just watched the movie Gandahar (1987) and it is quite strange. The story is okay but I particularly liked the way its imagery depicts a very alien ecology. In that regard, it gives both the Dark Crystal and Avatar a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Not sure if this counts as anime, as it's French/Korean animation, but I just watched the movie Gandahar (1987) and it is quite strange. The story is okay but I particularly liked the way its imagery depicts a very alien ecology. In that regard, it gives both the Dark Crystal and Avatar a run for their money.
    The French have a history of making animation that leans into anime and they do it very well.