Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stan Bush - The Touch *new version*

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Guy Smiley ripping it up on the axe

Well... that was... I can't even think of a word to describe how bad that was.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I love the way that they've removed anything that vaguely resembled the melody of 'The Touch', and completely changed the chord progression while they were at it. The rapping gorilla was a nice touch too. No pun intended.

(The above sentences are sarcasm.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    (The above sentences are sarcasm.)
    Really? I thought you were telling the truth and how you confessed to how absolutley awesomeness it was.

(Sarcasm )

The melody is to the tune of Sam's Theme (composed by Steve Jablonsky iirc), and I think it was nice of them to merge the lyrics to The Touch with Sam's Theme.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The melody is to the tune of Sam's Theme (composed by Steve Jablonsky iirc), and I think it was nice of them to merge the lyrics to The Touch with Sam's Theme.
    Yes, I know what they were trying to do, but "nice" is still not even close to the adjective I would use.

It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the very disruptive rap song. It felt as if someone edited bits from some other song into the video.

Looks like the negative criticism has 'touched' Stan the wrong way:

UPDATE!!!! Since we threw up this video, there's been a backlash of negative (and some positive) criticism of the new version of "The Touch". However, Stan Bush may not feel the same way -- the song creators have disabled embedding for the YouTube video (so we cannot show it on the frontpage here), and have also disabled comments on the actual video itself on YouTube.

UPDATE 2!!!!! All the information on the video has been removed. There is no longer any mention of their attempt to get the song in Revenge of the Fallen, no mention of getting hyped up for the movie, nothing. No explanation of the change of the song-title to "Sam's Theme" as we first reported. It is now simply called "The Touch Redux ala Linkin Park".
    Seriously, he should have tried to maintain the original inspirational tune of the original without trying to make it what he thinks would be 'hip' based on the TF1 sound track.
    Last edited by kup; 18th May 2009 at 01:28 PM.

hmm, didn't see that coming.
    Still, it was a rubbish revamp of what I thought was a great song in all its cheesey superiority.

It's alright, but the rapping cannot, IMO, beat the best Transformers-themed rap ever created.