Page 396 of 467 FirstFirst ... 376386391392393394395396397398399400401406416 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

shame about battlefront 2. I was almost tempted but the campaign is only about 5 hours long or something and I'm just not really interested in grindy multiplayer. I don't think the micro transactions will stay removed forever, they have basically built the whole game around that.

I picked up BF2 on Friday, started installing Friday night. Apart from an hour or so here and there playing Destiny, it's been downloading 24/7. Only finished installing overnight.
    Had it on preorder for full price at EB, but they match the JB one day only sale and I put the difference on the remake of Outcast.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I picked up BF2 on Friday, started installing Friday night. Apart from an hour or so here and there playing Destiny, it's been downloading 24/7. Only finished installing overnight.
    I know the pain. I'm having to redownload some of my Xbox One X games because they could not be copied from my old hard drive to the new one I picked up on Sunday. At this rate I think everything that didn't transfer will be redownloaded by Sunday.

Just a heads up. If you're going to buy a physical copy of a game in the coming days you might be able to get a good deal from EB Games. Instead of their annual Mad Monday Sale they are doing a Black Friday sale that runs from 12:01am Friday to an unspecified time on Monday and it's both in store and online unlike Mad Monday which is online only.

I'm going to see how much they drop last year's Call of Duty game by. $57 for both Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare is still too much for me.

And I just got tomorrow's Big W catalogue, pretty big discounts on recently released games.

CoD WWII $64, ACO $59, Destiny 2 $49, Shadow of War $54, South Park $59, Evil Within 2 $54, Wolfenstien 2 $54, GTA V $44, Horizon ZD $32, Uncharted LL $20, Overwatch $44, Ghost Recon $24, Titanfall 2 $24, BF1 $39, ARK $59, WWE 2K18 $49, NFS Payback $59, GT Sport $32, Fifa 18 $54, Crash Trilogy $42, Forza Motorsport 7 $49, Mass Effect Andromeda $20, Project Cars 2 $42, NBA 2K18 $59, Rayman (Switch) $39, Mario + Rabbids $64.

I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet so no spoilers for that game please, but the Uncharted Lost Legacy game - is that like bonus add-on levels (like that Last of Us add on), a multiplayer thing, or a standalone game in the same style as the main Uncharted series but with a different lead character? ($20 seems pretty cheap for it)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet so no spoilers for that game please, but the Uncharted Lost Legacy game - is that like bonus add-on levels (like that Last of Us add on), a multiplayer thing, or a standalone game in the same style as the main Uncharted series but with a different lead character? ($20 seems pretty cheap for it)
    It is a standalone game that originally started as DLC but then grew bigger. It's shorter than Uncharted 4 and reuses a lot of the gameplay, hence the cheaper price (originally released at around $40). It's a new story following a different lead character, for $20, it is definitely worth it.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

I should probably point out the deals at Big W only go to the 27th for some reason.

I'm going to grab Ghost Recon for the Xbox One X and GT Sport for PS4 Pro. Every multiplatform game is advertised for both Xbox and PlayStation except for Project Cars 2 and Mass Effect which are only advertised for PS4, if this is a misprint and it's also on Xbox I'll grab Project Cars for the X also.

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    It is a standalone game that originally started as DLC but then grew bigger. It's shorter than Uncharted 4 and reuses a lot of the gameplay, hence the cheaper price (originally released at around $40). It's a new story following a different lead character, for $20, it is definitely worth it.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just a heads up. If you're going to buy a physical copy of a game in the coming days you might be able to get a good deal from EB Games. Instead of their annual Mad Monday Sale they are doing a Black Friday sale that runs from 12:01am Friday to an unspecified time on Monday and it's both in store and online unlike Mad Monday which is online only.

I'm going to see how much they drop last year's Call of Duty game by. $57 for both Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare is still too much for me.
    Thanks for the heads up - might see what they have South Park for, I'm working Fri/Sat in centre and have to pickup Outcast on Sat anyway

EDIT: ugggghhhhhh day 2 after BF2 finally installs and there's an update I have to download

EDIT2: interesting.... turns out the Vic Gambling Authority has decided loot boxes are gambling, but as per usual, is powerless to take action.
    Last edited by prjkt; 22nd November 2017 at 10:31 PM.