Thread: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians as general release figures

Default SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians as general release figures

The Titan Guardians from SDCC 2013 (5-pack of 6inch figurines) are getting released as separate figures to retailers.

After seeing the listing for Titan Guardians on the Columbian leaked list that included Starscream and 4 redecos, it was no surprise seeing a Hong Kong dealer on ebay, has four of the SDCC figures since mid August... and oddly enough, the star attraction of the year is the one so far being left out (Grimlock).

Considering the reliability of the source dealer, and that they are pictured with a product label like the Beast Hunters 6inch "Titans" (they aren't sold in boxes - they are loose on the hangers), these aren't just someone selling the SDCC figures.

Due to being official product images, the colouring may be lighter or darker on the actual figures, and compared to the SDCC versions, but all the paint apps appear to be the same.... so maybe they are just straight re-releases.

Not sure if they will come here, as we didn't get the Beast Hunters ones... but if they do, they should be about $10. (the BH ones were about US$6.50 in America)

Looks like these SDCC foursome were indeed released in America as regular release figures in October, according to this site and the Entertainment Earth site that had Wave 1 Beast Hunters mid last year.

Still no sign of the third wave of Starscream redecos... which would probably be on more people's radar, as there are four different seekers to go with Starscream.

Titans 6inch - GEN1 (US$?? - AU$??)
    - - Wave 1 (APR) OUT US APRIL- NOT HERE
    Optimus Prime (Beast Hunters)
    Bumblebee (Beast Hunters)
    Megatron (Beast Hunters)
    Shockwave (Beast Hunters)
    - - Wave 1a (re-release in a different ratio) (SEPT/OCT?) OUT US OCT- NOT HERE
    Optimus Prime (Beast Hunters)
    Bumblebee (Beast Hunters)
    Megatron (Beast Hunters)
    Shockwave (Beast Hunters)
    - - Wave 2 (OCT/NOV?)
    OUT ASIA AUG - OUT US NOV- NOT HERE
    Optimus Prime (SDCC 2013 figure)
    Megatron
    (SDCC 2013 figure)
    Soundwave
    (SDCC 2013 figure)
    Starscream
    (SDCC 2013 figure)
    - - Wave 3? (???)
    Thundercracker (redeco SDCC 2013 Starscream)
    Skywarp (redeco SDCC 2013 Starscream)
    Sunstorm (redeco SDCC 2013 Starscream)
    Acid Storm (redeco SDCC 2013 Starscream)

Ahhh. You've solved a big mystery for me.
    Wave 2 basically sells out as soon as it hits the shelves here.

I brought the Wave 2 figures because they looked so cool, and put a couple on eBay because I thought they were so novel... and couldn't figure out why they get so many views... now I know!
    The Wave 1 figures are still shelf warming at my local toy store and haven't seen wave 3 yet but I will keep an eye out.