Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1222272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast

Thread: Currency rates (added every week or two).

Just paid for an eBay item from the USA, and the conversation rate was 67c. Ugh
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Same here.

Stating that, is a weigh up as other credit cards do give rewards so you do get back money for what you pay.

You need to weigh up which is the better way to go.

I found it surprising that Amax from commbank gave better rate than my mastercard from the same bank.
    28 degrees was great when you used to be able to withdraw cash from overseas atms without being charged a transaction fee. People would load up the card with cash before they go on holiday and use it just like an atm card.

I still use mine for international purchases in foreign currencies. Like on amazon where the conversion rate is terrible. No international transaction fees and MC rate probably makes it the best card for online shopping. The saving on international transaction fees usually far outstrips points earned on any rewards card.

For purchases made in AUD i'll always use my citibank rewards card.

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    Just paid for an eBay item from the USA, and the conversation rate was 67c. Ugh
    A slide on the markets the other day saw the AU$ go below US 70c... and that's just the reference rate, with banks converting 2-5c off that.

I guess it means FunPub will be opening up registration for BotCon soon, as the exchange rate usually drops just before some of us are paying several hundred dollars for attendee and non-attendee sets.

As of today, according to xe.com, these are the current rates for AU$1...

- US$ - 0.6962 (down over a cent this week after being stable since November)
    - GB£ - 0.4795 (up since November)
    - JP¥ - 81.698 (down 6 yen since November)
    - EU€ - 0.6392 (down almost 3 Euro cents since November)
    - NZ$ - 1.0630 (down almost 3 NZ cents since November)

(bank and paypal rates are 2-3% less than the figures above)

Been keeping an eye on this the last few days (and preparing for all the good stuff to start hitting Ebay US ) and I just heard on the news now that financial analysts are predicting the AUD/US won't get back above .70c

The current situation in China is really hitting the markets hard. I'm really not looking forward to going back to the dark days of 0.55c to 0.66c rate.

I'm so worried about what the exchange rate will be in June when my Oculus ships.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Wow... US$0.7444

Up almost 5 US cents in just two months.

I pulled the trigger on paying some of my preorders from Japan yesterday when the A$/¥ got over 84.

Megatran Guest

Hit above US$0.75 briefly today.

A good time to buy or travel to the US.

Google says the AUD is up to .76 USD. Anyone have a link to news report (preferably video) that explains what's going on?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.