Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1929343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

I quite like Armada Overload despite his brickiness (which is a common problem that a lot of non-Mini-Con Armada TFs suffer from). The sculpting on that toy is amazing and the Mini-Con Headmaster gimmick is brilliant. And I totally agree that it's a great toy on its own merit. I actually keep mine uncombined with Optimus Prime because I just enjoy Overload more on his own (even though combining would save precious shelf space... there may come a day... ). $30 is a great price for that toy IMO.

I'm unsure if I want an MP Tracks. He looks nice, but I don't have any particularly strong fondness for the character, but I have a sort of 'fear of missing out' of getting one at a reasonable price.

I bought MP Sideswipe and Bluestreak when they were starting to get pricey on eBay, and I was lucky to get my 'new' MP Grimlock at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I'm unsure if I want an MP Tracks. He looks nice, but I don't have any particularly strong fondness for the character, but I have a sort of 'fear of missing out' of getting one at a reasonable price.

I bought MP Sideswipe and Bluestreak when they were starting to get pricey on eBay, and I was lucky to get my 'new' MP Grimlock at a reasonable price.
    Tracks is awesome. Looks great in all 3 modes, tho I did have to play around a little to find an appropriately Tracks look pose for him. I can't wait for Road Rage.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

Its affordable at $85 delivered. I had doubts about shipping cost but getting one now is definitely no regrets. Look at Bumble bee, you cannot even get him at $90 now. when I bought him like $60 delivered. I say go for it.

So my 8 year old son has asked for MP Starscream for Christmas.

As an Optimus collector I haven't taken much interest in the whiney jet figures so is he worth it?
    My son got MP Grimlock last Christmas (our deal with him is he can ask Santa for another MP because he has taken very good care of his Grimlock).

The other dilemma I have is Santa already has CW Starscream put away. Are MP and CW Starscream different enough my son would get value out of them both?

He also wants MP Ultra Magnus so I'm undecided whether to give him the big guy, the whiney jet x 2 or all 3. Opinions and recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Santa already has CW Starscream put away.
    ^I think this settles the issue.

Uhhh... Could you exchange/ return the CW Starscream, get the mp version and pay the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Uhhh... Could you exchange/ return the CW Starscream, get the mp version and pay the difference?
    I wish! I live in Hong Kong - exchange and refund does not exist here. (Believe me I miss having that luxury)
    Toys R Us are reluctant to exchange even when you have receipts;it's like getting blood out of a stone - actually getting blood out of a stone is easier. Unfortunately however to get the best deal (HK$199 for CW S/S) Santa shopped in Mong Kok so definitely no chance of exchanging him out. :/

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime
    I think this settles the issue.
    I still need to decide on an MP for him as we promised he could ask Santa to bring him one because he takes such good care of Grimlock. Are you saying go with Ultra Magnus?

If you decide to get an MP, perhaps you could sell CW Starscream? <shrugs> Or save him as a future gift (e.g. birthday etc.) -- or maybe gift it to a nephew/niece/child's friend. Or maybe just donate CW Starscream to charity. <shrugs>

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    So my 8 year old son has asked for MP Starscream for Christmas.

As an Optimus collector I haven't taken much interest in the whiney jet figures so is he worth it?
    My son got MP Grimlock last Christmas (our deal with him is he can ask Santa for another MP because he has taken very good care of his Grimlock).

The other dilemma I have is Santa already has CW Starscream put away. Are MP and CW Starscream different enough my son would get value out of them both?

He also wants MP Ultra Magnus so I'm undecided whether to give him the big guy, the whiney jet x 2 or all 3. Opinions and recommendations?
    I have the Leader Jetfire that the Starscream is a remould of. it's not particularly complex. it is fairly poseable. it is not a masterpiece toy.

The Masterpiece Starscream MP11 Mould is more poseable than the original MP-03 mould due to the added heel spurs and relocation of the fuselage sides to be part of the legs instead of hanging off the hips of the robot mode. It is an excellent representation of G1 Starscream in robot mode. it is a complex transformation, not having transformed MP Grimlock I can't compare.
    I prefer the older MP Starscream vehicle mode, it's a cleaner, more realistic jet.

MP Magnus is very nice, an involved transformation but not overly complex it has fair articulation, partially limited by it's blocky geometry. Both modes are great representations of the G1 character and the cab is literally identical in appearance to the MP-10 Cab.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)