Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KO 20th Anniv Prime???

don't give these KO manufacturers (or sellers for that matter) any ideas about making it hard to differentiate from a real ones.

ooooh... my....

you know what... Hasbro could be encouraging this sort of illegal activity (ie. selling on ebay), so the only way fans and consumers wants the real deal is to buy it from their retailers. Anyone smell something fishy?? what's the legal term for this?? Tiby?

Is there any formal way we can reoport this to eBay? It sickens me that some innocent person might buy this thinking it is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    Is there any formal way we can reoport this to eBay? It sickens me that some innocent person might buy this thinking it is the real deal.

already done, adzma

there's a link called "report the item" towards the bottom of each item listing -> http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_u...m=140198406224

You must remember as well, that a MAJOR junk of ebay's revenue is derive from counterfit and knockoff merchandise. It's just not in their best interest to care.

I don't think Hasbro would encourage this, although on the other hand they have no hope of enforceing copyright against the KO manufacturers.

What worries me is that these KOs are just going to become more rampant with the mainstream interest in TFs and the ever-increasing (for now) prices of even recent TFs in the secondary market.

Many kids and people who just want a Transformer will say "Well, if it transforms and it is heaps cheaper, why not?"

We have often talked about wanting reissues etc from Hasbro, because they are cheaper than the originials, but I'm sure many people (not real collectors) will see these as just another form of reissue, especially as KO quality increases.

It is a real shame.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

The best thing we can do is keep reporting all KO sales we see to eBay staff. Never surrender!

Hasbro don't have to encourage KO publicly, simply turning a blind eye and letting it happen is a form of encouragement, is it not?

Them not saying anything IS encouraging these KO manufacturers

The United States government has been pushing China, Russia and many other countries "less respectful" of intellectual property. It's typically on behalf of the Recording Industry and Motion Picture Associations. These two industries alone are two of the greatest USA lobby/special interest groups, and they have next to no success in this pursuit. I doubt the toy lobby would compare, especially after the recent lead paint issues.

I was masterpiece hunting on ebay, looking for a good bargain, when this listing came up.

I actually thought it was one of those "prototype" masterpiece primes displayed on the internet before paint applications went on
    Last edited by 6gyrating_gynoid9; 15th January 2008 at 02:10 PM.

He also has the KO BT Prowl listed
    ________
    Medical Marijuana Patient
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:40 PM.