Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advance screenings at some Australian Cinemas June 20th

Just booked Gold Class at Loganholme. Looking forward to it, as being a dad to two little ones the only movies I generally get to see are kiddy flicks.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinT View Post
    Hoyts Chadstone too at the same time.

Chadstone
    20th June
    06:45PM Session

Dolby ATMOS
    RC Recliner Chair
    SPECEVENT Special Event
    XTREME Xtreme Screen
    Same time at Greensborough with the recliner seating. Just booked a half doz tickets 😁

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not sure why, but it looks like Brisbane has the earliest times for some reason - 6.15pm.

Not that 30 minutes is a huge amount, but it does mean that someone from Brisbane could be the first Australian to post online their thoughts about the movie.

Hehehe... I can just imagine seeing dozens of people, as the credits start, pulling out their phones to be the first to tweet/post about it.
    I'll have to race home the 4 hour drive from Melbourne the next day to get a review up on my blog before most others

There's 20 June sessions at Village Cinemas (VMax and Gold Glass) available too. Earliest seems to be 6pm in a regular cinema at Airport West. You can even take your Autobot to see it at the Coburg drive-in

Quite a few places are now having June 20th screenings... Paramount must really be worried about this movie.
    (it will have heavy competition after two weeks with the Spiderman movie, which is already being heavily promoted, so it might have some people prefer to wait two weeks and spend their limited movie money for that one)

Apparently... there is a "review embargo" until Wednesday 21st at 9.01am AEDT.

Now how are they going to enforce that?

And why 9am Wednesday morning?

(and do they really think that the thousands of people who will see it on the 20th are going to be willing to keep quiet until the next morning)

Quite a few places are now having June 20th screenings... Paramount must really be worried about this movie.
    (it will have heavy competition after two weeks with the Spiderman movie, which is already being heavily promoted, so it might have some people prefer to wait two weeks and spend their limited movie money for that one)
    No. If they were "really worried" Mark Walhberg would be in Sydney doing press (see Tom Cruise visiting Sydney to promote The Mummy)

Apparently... there is a "review embargo" until Wednesday 21st at 9.01am AEDT.

Now how are they going to enforce that?

And why 9am Wednesday morning?

(and do they really think that the thousands of people who will see it on the 20th are going to be willing to keep quiet until the next morning)
    That's a press embargo, there won't be any print/online media outlets posting reviews until Wednesday morning - but nothing will stop fans blogging, forum posting, tweeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    No. If they were "really worried" Mark Walhberg would be in Sydney doing press (see Tom Cruise visiting Sydney to promote The Mummy)
    Yeah... that Universal Studios Mummy just isn't giving off a good movie vibe to me, so I don't think it will be much competition to Transformers. Spiderman on the other hand, is going to cash in on it's ties to Avengers, as the trailers are heavily promoting Ironman (who may not end up having much screen time... but then again, neither did Grimlock in TF4, but it was the primary promotional element for that movie).

That's a press embargo, there won't be any print/online media outlets posting reviews until Wednesday morning
    Not according to the fineprint of conditions on the invite I got yesterday to attend a Tuesday screening. Then again, maybe it was just a spare "media" ticket being offered to me... but since I already bought tickets almost 2 weeks ago, I can at least say that it wasn't a condition of my ticket.

Event cinemas have now listed some Gold Class sessions for Tuesday... if you want to pay extra for the reclining seats and overpriced food, while having people walking around throughout the movie.

Yeah, it's a nice novelty... and fun if you are happy to spend that much on a special treat of an outing.... and if I was sure that this would be a good movie, I probably would have chosen GC seats (if the others going with me were willing). But too late now.

EDIT - looking at a Gold Class session for Event Cinema, they have a package ticket offer, for two adults at $141.50 ($71 each).

Admit 2 - Transformers: The Last Knight Package
    Includes 2 x Gold Class Tickets Plus:

Start with your choice or mac n cheese balls or cheeseburger dumpling. Then 2 angus with cheese sliders and 2 pulled pork sliders with a serve of seasoned waffle fries. Includes your choice of 2 beverages; either a Corona, Prime cocktail, Glass of house wine or soft drink.

Doesn't look like it comes with anything Transformers related, like a souvenir or merchandise item.
    Last edited by griffin; 16th June 2017 at 10:43 PM.

Updated the first post with the Australian Transformers Movie site, that has a page to find all the Tuesday June 20th sessions (and regular sessions after that).

Oh brilliant, thanks griffin, Tuesday session in Toowoomba, fantastic!