Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Transformer Ripoffs & KOs

Holy bootlegged mass-shifting, Batman!

It would be cool if it were official.

The Ankylosaurus transformer at the bottom of this page wins my award for Most Hilarious Rip-Off Ever.

Apparently there's an entire range of them, all with dinosaur heads for crotches.

Yeah, as the author said, that's not really a knock-off, it's an original creation. If HasTak had ever engineered a "Crotchmaster" then it would surely be a running joke in Transfandom like Heinlad and his Spark-nads.

Afaik the only Ankylosaurus Transformers are Bazooka and Slapper (which is a repaint of Bazooka).

Heh... richard cranium...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I just noticed that at the moment there's one of the Korean oversized Onslaught KOs on eBay. If you haven't seen one of these before, they're bizarre and can cause a double-take because of their scale. They also don't have neutered launchers (on Onslaught's back) and there are wheels that go on Bruticus's chestplate to make it a space ship. (These pics aren't from the auction, since I'm not condoning knockoffs yada yada yada, but they are from crazysteve's amazing site which is definitely worth checking out if you never have: http://www.geocities.com/scrambledci...orbypre88.html):

Oh fark yeah!!!! the above Korean oversized bruticus and also a Custom/kitbash Bruticus are definitely my two holy grails...(after all, i am a "bruticus" nut you know, and a fair one at that..)....

Btw, whilst hunting down Target in perth for the elusive $25 universe inferno, i noticed Roadbots selling for 10 bucks... so i snatched an orange Lamborghini murcielago (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...15&mode=retail) and a GM Hummer H3....
    Fark, i was stunned...it has smooth chrome on some accessories, rubber tyres, glossy pearl paint job, oodles and oodles of other accessories and weapons including ones that light up (reminiscent of old G1s when they use to have heaps of weapons and gear that became vacuum cleaner food and shot up in rarity). It also has an ~official looking holographic "lamborghini licensed product" stickers on the box itself....

Although the robot form was kinda strange looking with non conventional transformation (car rear for a chest?) i kinda like it. Even though they cant hold their own against binatech/alternator/alternity for the pickiest of TF collectors, but their alternate forms IMO were immaculate!!! I was expecting some cheap ass plastic crap like KO G1/G2 gestalts in those sealed cards that fall apart when you look at them, but these had tight joints, interlocking connection system and hardly any visible gaps....
    How the hell do they manage to survive by selling them at only 10 bucks RRP???
    If this second green Lamborghini ever shows up in local stores, im so gonna buy it...
    (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...01&mode=retail)
    as it appears to have corrected the unconventional robot mode issue of the orange version.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_Wars_Superior View Post
    Did anyone else notice the binary on the back of the packaging?
    There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I must admit that giant Bruiticus is Impressive with its almost show accurate size!

Tomas+Tankor+Inferno=

from HK-TF member 口水楓爸爸

Want Corssover Thor and Captain America

I love how they ingeniously tackled the problem with Tankor's wing kibble

Has anyone else seen the miniaturised version of Fort Max?
    I seen him here in Sydney the other day, is it really worth picking up?

Think it was only like $15 from memory.