Thread: some mods to animated Sentinel Prime and Soundwave

Default some mods to animated Sentinel Prime and Soundwave

I didn't think these were worthy of separate threads...

I stumbled across the Sentinel mod while looking at tfw2005 member Longarmmagnus' animated collection. It uses the thighs of an activators Starscream, which fit surprisingly well. They have to be removed for conversion to vehicle mode. I was never happy with the relatively small size of Sentinel, so I was really happy to find this mod.

A few years ago, my second eldest son got annoyed with his animated Soundwave and managed to lose one of the thighs. I finally got around to making a replacement using the forearms from a RTS Bumblebee that I tried turning into Cosmos (don't ask). The elbow joint fit fine, albeit a bit loosely, but the shoulder socket needed some dremelling to make it wide enough to fit on the Soundwave leg socket. I've since replaced the other original Soundwave thigh with another Bumblebee forearm so they match.

Since you have to take Sentinel's thighs off anyway, what about a bit of bulk on them. I see that the height manages to match well, but them skinny thighs make me chuckle!

Nice work, the three look really good standing next to each other. I still can't get over that Ironhide.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)