Thread: Korean vs Japanese Car Robots (and others)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Korean vs Japanese Car Robots (and others)

Hay i want to get this , but something to me looks a bit fishy..
    its an import from Korea , but made by takara

it could be a KO, please help verfiy.

Also is there a difference between this korean version and the jap version?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

benben2142 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    Hay i want to get this , but something to me looks a bit fishy..
    its an import from Korea , but made by takara

it could be a KO, please help verfiy.

Hey mate that’s not a KO, at first I thought that seller was pretty fishy but there not KO, also I think Korean version just has a different box.

Also is there a difference between this korean version and the jap version?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Hey mate that’s not a KO, at first I thought that seller was pretty fishy but there not KO, also I think Korean version just has a different box.

Quite a few of the Japanese Car Robots series (called Robots in Disguise by Hasbro) and Beast Era toys were produced and released in Korea in different packaging. The toys are supposedly exactly the same, but are often cheaper on ebay and online stores because the demand was for the Japanese *packaged* versions. I'm in that category, mostly because it just feels like cheap imitations, despite apparently being the exact same toy from the exact same chinese factories.

The Korean versions are the same toys. And they're legit. Transformers are distributed in South Korea by a company called Sonokong which imports them from Takara and repackages them for their local market and in the Korean language. The packaging and inserts are vastly inferior to Takara though - particularly with the tech spec cards which often:
    1/ show incorrect vital stats
    2/ are often packaged with the WRONG tech specs cards, or none at all!

Aside from packaging and inserts, the only Korean TF that I know of which has any substantial difference from the Japanese one is Brave Maximus which has the factory-applied Autobot insignia sticker put on upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by benben2142
    No I meant, do they still sell gi joe reissue? Also has g1 metroplex been reissued?
    Metroplex has never been reissued.

GI Joe is not Transformers - if you have any questions regarding non-Transformers toy lines please post in the relevant section.

The Korean packaging is lacking in comparison to the Takara but that said above the American packaging. For instance, I know I wouldn't trade my JRX packaging for the US one or RiD Scourge for US one.

I also have a question, with the Robot Masters line, did they come package with tech spec cards?

Only the e-Hobby exclusive ones. The regular Robot Master figures have clip & save style tech specs on the back of the boxes, which is unusual for Takara.